Research Assistant II
This individual will serve the Department of Pathology & Immunology at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM), and its research mission at Texas Children's Hospital (TCH). A Research Assistant II is needed to join a basic science/translational research lab based in the Texas Children's Microbiome Center at TCH. Laboratory studies are focused on understanding mechanisms of Infectious GI disease prevention in children.
- This person will participate in funded research projects relating to microbiome-neuroimmune signaling and will assist the department in obtaining additional funding.
- This individual will design, direct, and conduct experiments requiring high‐level skills and expertise in the laboratory environment.
- This individual will develop and optimize new techniques for the laboratory, analyze data, compile literature searches, and report results and summaries to faculty members.
- This individual's laboratory duties will be heavily weighted in physiology and molecular techniques, including (but not limited to): cell signaling in vitro and in vivo.
- Other duties will involve classical metabolite and protein expression, cell culture, and animal experiments.
- This individual is expected to work independently while balancing a variety of ongoing projects, deadlines, and basic laboratory management.
- This individual will also assist in the supervision of junior lab members and will be instrumental in organizing laboratory management tasks.
- In addition to adhering to the policies set forth by TCH and
BCM, the person must understand and act on the need for discretion
due to the sensitive nature of research involved.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston