Assistant Director, Recruitment and Selection
The Park Scholarships program was established in 1996. The Park Scholarships program brings exceptional students to NC State University based on outstanding accomplishments and potential in scholarship, leadership, service, and character. The program develops and supports Park Scholars in these areas, preparing them for lifelong contributions to the campus, state, nation, and world. The scholarship includes tuition and fees, room and board, enrichment activities, and additional expenses. About 40 Scholars are selected annually. Diversity and inclusion are critical to the Park Scholarships program.
The department reports directly to the Chancellor of the university. For more information, please visit our website: https://park.ncsu.edu/
The Park Scholarships program at North Carolina State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Director, Recruitment and Selection. The Assistant Director, Recruiting and Selection, will have major responsibilities executing the recruitment and selection of diverse scholars and will develop and implement strategic plans to promote the program in North Carolina and beyond. The position reports to the senior associate director of Park Scholarships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the Park Scholarships communication strategy and activities, including:
- Update, create, and distribute written communication (e.g., printed materials, emails, website updates, and social media content) for prospective students and families;
- Recruit, train, and oversee the Park Ambassadors – students, alumni, family, and friends who conduct recruiting activities in a volunteer capacity, both in North Carolina and out-of-state;
- Oversee, implement, and continue to develop the ongoing plan for Diversity Recruitment, Selection and Yield and advise the Diversity Student Task Force on recruitment initiatives;
- Organize yield efforts;
- Coordinate and liaise with the Park Scholarships endorsing high schools;
- Represent the Park Scholarships program at recruiting events such as the annual NACAC, SACAC, National Scholarships Providers Association, and Undergraduate Scholars Program Administrators Association conferences, as well as on the university-wide Open House Committee and Recruiter’s Roundtable.
- Identify and lead the department’s use of appropriate systems and technologies to maintain an efficient, effective, secure application process;
- Play a substantial role in the review of application materials and Selection Committee evaluations;
- Annually update the Park Scholarships application, endorsement forms, and Selection Committee training materials;
- Assist with handling written, phone, and in-person inquiries from applicants, parents, high school officials, Selection Committee members, alumni, faculty, etc.;
- Coordinate semifinal interview arrangements for 13 regions; assist with the coordination of on-campus Final Selection Activities; participate in semifinal interview events and Final Selection Activities;
- Oversee and train student volunteers.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
A Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years’ experience OR master’s degree and two (2) years’ experience is required.
In addition, the Assistant Director, Recruiting and Selection must be able to:
- Demonstrate commitment to and proficiency in diverse, inclusive, and equitable recruiting and selection practices
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills, including creating and delivering presentations
- Learn and use appropriate technologies and systems to manage candidate data
- Attend to details well
- Work proactively, both independently and with a team
- Handle ambiguity
- Manage multiple and competing priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Demonstrate superior judgment
- Interact confidently and effectively with a wide variety of constituents: high-ability students, parents, high school officials, alumni, university faculty and administrators, volunteers, and others
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills
- Travel independently to sites across North Carolina and the United States
- Work occasional nights and weekends
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a relevant field
- Experience working in college/university admissions, especially with highly selective admissions processes
- Experience working with admissions-related systems and technologies
- Project and/or event management experience
- Experience training and managing volunteers
- Experience working with honors/scholars programs/students
- Experience working with communications
Why you should apply:
NC State University is one of the largest Universities in the Research Triangle and is ranked as one of the best employers in North Carolina. Our team embodies a culture that values collaboration, creativity, innovation, diversity, and teamwork. NC State University provides work/life balance, a team-oriented culture, and work that makes a difference in our community.
Interested in applying?
All applications must be submitted online through the NC State employment website. To view the full job posting, application instructions, and to submit an application please visit: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/145001
Review of resumes to begin immediately with interviews planned to begin in July. Candidates invited to interviews will be asked to bring a sample of an actual project plan and written communication(s) they created, and to give a brief talk.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at 919-515-2135 or email@example.com.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual
orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a
disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Raleigh
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Raleigh
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Raleigh
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Raleigh