College Building Services Clerk - PT
COLLEGE BUILDING SERVICES CLERK PT
DAWSON TECHNICAL/ KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Under the direction of the Mail Center Supervisor, provide courteous and proficient service to all customers; provide clerical support to the Security, Engineering, and Housekeeping Departments; provide assistance in the delivery of mail services and other building related services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate mail service equipment.
- Run, maneuver, navigate, or drive a forklift.
- Deliver copier paper to the departments as requested.
- Sort, process and deliver mail and packages over 40 pounds or more.
- Receive and account for dock deliveries and deliver these items to the departments.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing U.S. mail and interoffice mail.
- Process requests and deliver audio/visual/video equipment.
- Assist with the Mail Center functions including using postage machines, folding and sealing machines and related duties.
- Keep office area clean and in order at all times.
- Answer questions in person or over the phone about Mail Services’ products and services of the Postal Service, Federal Express and United Parcel Service.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent is required, supplemented by one year of clerical or receptionist experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous mail processing experience and customer service preferred.
- Ability to maintain log of equipment usage and other requests.
- Ability to perform storekeeper duties for the Mail Center only.
- Ability to take a physical inventory of assigned rooms every four weeks.
- Ability to inventory the asset account paper supply monthly.
- Ability to create monthly reports on Excel.
- Ability to handle difficult situations.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate with the public in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to enter, transcribe, record, store, or maintain information in either written or electronic form.
- Knowledge of USPS services.
- Intermediate level computer (PC) skills: MS Word, Excel, web browsing, e-mail.
- Good organizational skills.
- Able to work in a crowded area.
- Able to work with constant interruptions.
- Able to use a postage machine, electronic scale.
- Must be able to lift packages, trays and tubes of mail up to 70 pounds.
- Must bend, stoop and kneel frequently.
- Must be able to spend a large part of the day standing up and moving around.
- Must be able to work under pressure from deadlines or goals.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
CCC is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!