Adjunct Instructor Part Time - Africana Studies
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - AFRICANA STUDIES
Olive-Harvey College is currently seeking a part-time adjunct to teach, on-site , Africana Studies for Fall 2021. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving. This course will be taught fully remote.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Master's in African American Studies or related discipline
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college.
- Must be able to teach on-site.
FOR CONSIDERATION: All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents for review:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts must be provided at time of hire)
- Two letters of recommendation
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!