Senior Associate Vice Chancellor, LSC Online
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Senior Associate Vice Chancellor (SAVC), LSC Online will assist in the development of a newly reorganized LSC Online Campus. The position holds direct management authority and accountability to execute policies and operational initiatives for LSC Online through a centralized model that includes assisting in the hiring of online faculty, responsibility for strategic planning, development, implementation, and review for quality of assurance of online instruction and support services. This position provides overall strategic leadership and administration for all aspects of LSC Online. The SAVC, LSC Online must work collaboratively with colleges and a variety of LSC teams to ensure the support and success of faculty and students who utilize Online Learning as their choice of educational delivery.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide strategic vision and long-term operational leadership for LSC Online and all related programs and services; actively engages in strategic planning and strategic enrollment management planning and execution
- Raise the system’s local, national and international profile and bring renewed confidence to LSC-Online; serve as institutional lead for growing online programs and develop state-of-the- art practices
- In conjunction with institutional marketing, campuses and LSC Corporate College develop and implement strategies that effectively and comprehensively market LSC-Online to internal and external markets; serve as thought leader for online innovation to expand process and accessibility of online programming for a virtual high school, homeschool, and online training and development for business and industry
- Model exemplary leadership behavior; develop and implement annual budgets for LSC-Online and maintain a high performing team committed to collaboration, innovation, communication, continuous improvement, and informed planning
- Provide oversight for online student services; assure reliable and responsive technology for delivery of courses and training; research and anticipate changes impacting instruction; facilitate online course design and evaluate through regular communication with stakeholders
- Monitor online and video conference courses to ensure quality, ensure that faculty provide a strong, student-focused educational environment through consistent adherence to course rubrics, student competencies, and course pedagogy; lead faculty online certification through the design and delivery of online certifications; work with LSC campuses to assess and determine supports needed to improve quality of online curriculum, evaluation of courses and student readiness for online learning
- Communicate with college instructional deans, student support services and other stakeholders to coordinate support for online faculty, students, and potential students to make the entire online education experience more user-friendly, effective, and seamless
- Develop strategic enrollment management strategies to convert prospective students from online chat inquires and other online contacts to enrollees in face-to-face, online or hybrid courses and programs
- Implement and evaluate online orientation to strengthen and continually develop faculty and staff to ensure greater student success, retention and completion
- Identify and research new revenue streams, market academic programs, lead all distance education recruitment and retention efforts, day-to-day operations, and develop and enhance external partnerships to grow and sustain key online initiatives
- Understand and maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to distance learning, including State Authorization, NCSARA, SACSCOC and American with Disabilities Act
- Successfully develop and manage LSC-Online training and development model (channel marketing) and provide fiscal oversight of all Internet and direct-to-consumer marketing campaign
- Use data analytics to inform and update stakeholders on progress towards enrollment and retention goals
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expertise in online learning technology and design
- Curriculum design and teaching online experience
- Strong problem solving and team building skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify and assure flexible, accessible and comprehensive support services for online learning students
- Ability to display personal initiative and autonomy
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to establish strategy and direction for department
- Ability to promote diversity and maintain a positive attitude in demanding work environment
- Ability to set priorities and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Above average skills in utilization of computer systems to extract and report information
- Ability to display personal initiative and autonomy with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability and vision to forecast trends, and to develop a go to market strategy
- Comprehensive knowledge of growing channel business and growing online through a corporate college model and internet marketing
- Demonstration of a deep working knowledge of the current online learning environment
- Demonstration of entrepreneurial and innovative thinking
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment, as well as a variety of specialized equipment generally associated with machining labs
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed both indoors in a climate-controlled office environment
- Master’s degree in a related field and at least 10 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience must include at least 7 years of which in an executive-level position
Hiring salary range is $150,000 - $172,500
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.