Haverford College welcomes applications to our available one year fixed term, exempt, benefit eligible Admission Counselor position. The term for this position is July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.
The Admission Counselor will be involved in all aspects of the general admission process: recruitment travel, interaction with prospective students and their families, interviewing, application review, and the selection of candidates. In addition, the Admission Counselor will be involved in other aspects of admission operations as assigned by the Dean and/or Director of Admission, and that may depend upon specific skills and interests.
The position requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to relate to a broad range of constituents (students, parents, alumni, high school counselors, etc.), an appreciation for and sensitivity to a variety of backgrounds and traditions from which students may come, an interest in issues of access and diversity, and the ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
A more specific list of responsibilities would include, but not be limited to:
- Recruiting within a defined national territory to visit high schools, attend college fairs and conferences, and interview students.
- Reading and evaluating applications and participating in the committee process for selecting candidates.
- Interviewing prospective candidates on-campus.
- Conducting information sessions.
- Answering admission inquiries from prospective students, parents, high school counselors, and others.
- Building and maintaining relationships with high schools and community-based organizations.
And may include, but not be limited to:
- Oversight of student volunteers and student employees (interviewers, overnight hosts, tour guides, and in-office hosts).
- Supporting the coordination of our Access, Diversity, and Inclusion efforts.
- Serving as liaison with other campus offices and/or departments.
- Working with alumni admission volunteers.
- Involvement with the planning and implementation of various on-campus programs.
- Support of day-to-day admission processes.
Line of Report: This position reports to the Associate Director of Admission.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Valid U.S. Drivers' license and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check are required
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds):Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction:Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction):Never
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):Up to three hours
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body):Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):Up to 3 hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position):Up to 3 hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees):3-6 hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees):Never
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground):Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary):Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.):Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures):Never
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To Apply : Interested candidates should submit an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Admission-Counselor_R302 . The application deadline is Friday, June 18, 2021. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status. Haverford has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the curriculum, classrooms, and communal composition of the College. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who foster their contribution to the College's educational mission.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Counseling Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Haverford