Event Operations Assistant
The Summer Event Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting the Surrey-Williamson Inn events and guest room operations.
Support for Surrey wedding and events to ensure the health and safety guidelines are enforced, as well as event management of other campus high profile, complex events. Checking on event setups and ensuring events have what they need and are broken down accordingly.
Responsibilities include the responding to room reservations, programming door codes, customer service, payment processing, housekeeping coordination, ordering linen and other supplies as needed for guest rooms.
Sorts and evaluates feedback to online surveys to collect feedback from Surrey guests.
Performs other related duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, participating in conferences and events projects as assigned.
Experience - Customer service, marketing, business office administration, preferably in a comparable academic, marketing, and/or hospitality setting;
- This position requires excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- an ability to work collaboratively as part of a team;
- attentiveness to detail; problem solving,
- analytical and critical thinking skills;
- ability to adapt to and manage multiple priorities in a rapidly-changing work environment; organizational skills;
- technical skills, ability to learn new systems. Knowledge of Microsoft suite, especially excel
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, especially the busy summer season. On call responsibilities are required.
- Prefer - Valid NY Driver License required with a good driving record and no traffic violations. Must be able to meet and maintain driving privileges as outlined by Skidmore’s Risk Management’s Motor Vehicle Policy.
Pay Rate : $14.25 per hour
Need to Apply :
- On-line Application
- Cover Letter
- List of Three References
Skidmore College is committed to being an inclusive campus community and, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, dating violence, or stalking, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Employment at Skidmore College is contingent upon an acceptable background check result.
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Other Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Saratoga Springs