Position Number: 27500076
New River Community College
Role Title: Information Technology Specialist II
Role Code: 39112
Work Location: Dublin, VA
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday
The Applications Specialist works as part of the Technology Services Department to provide technical support and services for NRCC. This position is mainly responsible for packaging, deploying and updating Windows-based applications across all labs and offices on campus. The individual filling this position will also assist in maintaining security by researching, planning, and delivering required updates and patches to systems. The Applications Specialist will assist users across campus in daily help desk issues by providing in-person, remote, and phone support and will assist Network and Media services departments in troubleshooting and diagnosing problems. Other duties will include assisting with the repair, inventory, and reporting of physical equipment through various methods. This position will also assist the Technology Services Manager.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- A.S. in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a technology-related position.
- Demonstrated and detailed knowledge of a variety of Windows operating systems, including servers.
- Knowledge of working with Active Directory, Windows Group Policy, PowerShell, WSUS, and a variety of scripting.
- Experience creating, deploying, and updating system images.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to deliver technical information to a wide variety of users effectively and clearly.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot hardware-related problems.
- Experience working in a virtualized computing environment.
- Flexible schedule to perform critical installs and updates outside of regular hours.
- Ability to drive and lift 50 lbs.
- Help Desk experience.
- Experience working with KACE SDA and SMA products.
- Experience working with a large catalog of software used in higher education such as Office, Visual Studio, Adobe, Autodesk, Google, Pearson, Certiport, and/or others.
- Windows Security Training and Certification.
Operation of a State Vehicle: Yes
Supervises Employees: No
Required Travel: Occasionally
Posting Number: CLS_535P
Job Open Date: 06/07/2021
Job Close Date: 07/06/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Agency Website: https://www.nr.edu/jobs/
Contact Name: Melissa Anderson
Background Check Statement Disclaimer:
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of education, credit checks (relevant to employment). Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s Statement of Economic Interest. For more information, please follow this link: http://ethics.dls.virginia.gov/
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.
The VCCS is an EOE and Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA and ADAAA), VCCS will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of access to the application, interviewing and selection processes.
VCCS uses E-Verify to check employee eligibility to work in the United States. You will be required to complete an I-9 form and provide documentation of your identity for employment purposes.
Quicklink to Apply: https://jobs.vccs.edu/postings/34552
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Dublin
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Dublin
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Dublin
- Technology Administration/Other Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Dublin