Manager Academic Assistance
Manager Academic Assistance
2505 Kinship PKWY
Celina, Texas, 75009
We are searching for an experiencedManager Academic Assistance.
The manager of academic assistance is a key campus-based support service leader who administers the daily operations and provides leadership and managerial oversight for the Center of Academic Assistance (CAA) and assigned departments. As the center serves a crucial role to student success, the manager supports students, faculty, and the administration by managing and overseeing personnel and assuring adequate staffing and center schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer daily operations of the Center for Academic Assistance and assigned departments. Develop and implement procedures of operations of the Center for Academic Assistance and assigned departments. Communicate and collaborate with the academic deans on campus for the efficient functioning of the center.
- Recruit, interview, orient, supervise and evaluate staff, including student assistants. Evaluate and manage performance of full-time employees. Ensure staff and schedules of assigned areas are suffice to complete appointed projects and objectives.
- Develop, maintain, and manage all assigned full-time and part-time staff schedules. Ensure staff and schedules of assigned areas are suffice to complete appointed projects and objectives. Evaluate schedules on an ongoing basis to ensure they meet student need, based on data. Submit recommended schedules to division offices.
- Elicit regular input from mathematics and science faculty about new topics or techniques used in classes. Collaborate with math and science faculty to coordinate math and science workshops each term.
- Collaborate with other campus groups to develop, produce and schedule informative seminars each term, as needed.
- Oversee science den operations to include scheduling of tutors, ordering and inventory of equipment, and working with the dean for replacement equipment.
- Develop of online services to support iCollin students. Ensure availability of equivalent tutoring and other resources for online student population.
- Assist the dean to develop and manage the budget for the Center for Academic Assistance and assigned departments. Monitor and operate the within the assigned budget.
- Oversee purchases and inventory of supplies and equipment. Schedule and ensure regular service and repair of all assigned equipment. Complete purchase order requisitions, as needed.
- Provide hardware and software support to the Center for Academic Assistance and assigned departments.
- Provide information to students, instructors, administrators and members of the community about the Center for Academic Assistance and support services via marketing.
- Collaborate with leadership to support ongoing assessment of CAA effectiveness by assisting with collection of data including on center use and student outcomes.
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning to pursue continuous improvement of CAA operations, including through the program review and continuous improvement planning process.
- Coordinate with credit math dean, if applicable, on all duties and responsibilities related to math and science tutoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year of experience required.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution, preferred. Minimum two (2) years of experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CAA and staff scheduling
- Knowledge of proper budget preparation and analysis
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures
- Knowledge of Collin College policies and procedures
- Organization and time management skills
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Marketing skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to supervise, train and assign the work of personnel
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to monitor and manage department budget
- Ability to collect data, analyze and present in professional manner
- Ability to work as part of team as well as independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney