Fitness Center Assistant (Part-time)
Fitness Center Assistant (Part-time)
2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Fitness Center Assistant (Part-time) .
Check in and out students, staff and faculty using the facility. Perform clerical duties and assist students and faculty with projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process patrons identification cards. Responsible for checking members in and out of the facility.
- Perform clerical duties to include filing, data entry, typing letters, memorandums; proofreading all documents for accuracy.
- Assist the staff and faculty with special projects, scheduled events and promotions.
- Oversee the facilities when the coordinator is not present.
- Answer multi-line telephone, greeting callers in a friendly, courteous manner, taking accurate messages, and directing callers to the appropriate personnel.
- Provide accurate information regarding the fitness center and scheduled events.
- Open and close the Facility as needed within designated work schedule.
- Ensure the fitness center remains clean
- Assist with finding replacement staff when substitutes are needed.
- Assist with intramural activities
- Assist the College with programs offered at the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
High school diploma or equivalency certificate, required. One (1) year of experience in health and fitness fields, preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
First Aid and CPR certifications required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of daily operations of the facility
- Knowledge of facility hours
- Knowledge of times and days the facility is occupied by classes as well as the times and days the facility is occupied by students
- Advisory skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Time management skills
- Communication skills
- Group management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to perform basic cleaning
- Ability to assist in all situations
- Ability to work under time constraints
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Occasional physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.85 - 13.85
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney