2505 Kinship PKWY
Celina, Texas, 75009
We are searching for an experienced Division Secretary .
Provide administrative support to various academic divisions by answering questions, providing information and assisting in problem solving. Assist department in day-to-day clerical and/or customer service operations as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support by data entry, drafting and typing letters, documents, presentations, reports, and memoranda. Screen, sort, and distribute mail.
- Serve as liaison between students, associate faculty, and staff. Answer multi-line telephones, directing callers to the appropriate personnel, answering inquiries. Provide back-up support to staff.
- Maintain appointment calendars. Make travel arrangements and coordinate all details of business trips, departmental meetings, and other support duties.
- Update information on the website as needed.
- May assist students enrolling in classes and input data into the appropriate system. Assist students in canceled classes, overload into full classes, and adding students after classes begin.
- May assist with the student application process. Receive, create, maintain, update, file and monitor applicant files for individual programs, student records and program files. Ensure appropriate forms are completed and filed accurately. Maintain confidentiality of all records, files, and applicant contacts.
- Assist with the development of the budget and monitoring of expenditures. Prepare requisitions for supplies, equipment, and miscellaneous expenditures; follows-up on processing of purchase orders, leave and travel forms, check requests, etc.
- Review time sheets for completeness and accuracy and forwards to appropriate department by due date.
- May travel between campuses to attend meetings, workshops, and seminars, and/or provide campus coverage in order to contribute to the team efforts of the department.
- May assist with monitoring the day-to-day activities of student assistants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year of related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience required.
At least sixty (60) credit hours or a minimum of two (2) additional years of directly-related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Access software
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Publisher software
- Knowledge of applicable college systems (i.e. Banner and CougarMart)
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to utilize available resources
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to maintain accurate files and records
- Ability to learn new programs
- Ability to develop reports, spreadsheets, files
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. N/A Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney