Graduate Studies Coordinator
Reporting to the Associate Dean for Inclusive Student Success in the College of Graduate Studies, the Coordinator provides administrative and clerical support to the College of Graduate Studies (CGS) unit as a whole. The position is responsible for the Dean’s office coordination, web site maintenance, managing calendars, maintaining data for reports, supporting the Graduate Studies and Research Committee, and scheduling and coordinating events. The position contributes to creating and sustaining a responsive environment for SJSU students, staff and faculty. This position also acts as the front-line receptionist greeting students and visitors; maintaining office filing systems; serving as the office information technology specialist; and performing additional moderately complex support functions.
- Provide administrative Support for the College of Graduate Studies.
- Answer phones, greet students, faculty and staff and provide up-to-date information about CGS and its programs.
- Update and maintain CGS web site.
- Manage logistics of processing graduate student petitions, theses, and scholarship applications.
- Maintain databases of student petitions, theses, and scholarship applications.
- Coordinate and make travel and/or space arrangements for meetings and workshops.
- Provides office support for the Associate Deans and Graduate Studies Associate.
- Makes appointments and manage calendars as needed for Associate Deans.
- Provide event support by assisting with the planning, researching, and coordination of all College of Graduate Studies events.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- Ability to know or quickly learn and use the Student Data Warehouse, and PeopleSoft (CMS) for student modules and financial modules
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
- Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, make simple projections, and adhere to a budget
- Knowledge of using office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems and packages. This includes Office Suite, PeopleSoft, OU Campus, Adobe products, etc.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions
- Completion of high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Two years of related office work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher/Google docs, and Adobe
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Qualtrics survey analytic databases
- Experience updating website using OU Campus or related web content management programs
- Experience working in a high-volume setting providing excellent customer service
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Experience directing students to appropriate resources on a college campus
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Salary Range: $3,064/month - $5,148/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: June 8, 2021 through June 22, 2021 . This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: June 08, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose