Administrative Assistant, Department of Grants, Sponsored Programs, and Research
Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for an administrative assistant in the Office of Grants, Sponsored Contracts & Research. This position provides administrative and clerical support to the Office of Grants, Sponsored Programs, and Research ( OGSPR ). Responsibilities include schedule meetings, maintain calendars and travel arrangements, support OGSPR’s grant and contract development and administration, provide administrative assistance for the annual Made in Millersville student conference, coordinate OGSPR budgets and purchasing processes, and process student biweekly payroll.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science, technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission, professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Starting annual salary is $39,902.00 plus comprehensive benefits, including tuition waiver for self/dependents.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of advanced clerical or para-professional experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Typing accuracy; and proof reading/copy editing.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and digital workflow systems.
- Operational knowledge of basic accounting and financial administration.
- Excellent time management and workload organization.
- Ability to consistently and successfully carry out and manage workflow for multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work with students of diverse cultures, racial and ethnic groups.
- Good organizational, communication, and analytical skills.
- Independent judgement, personal responsibility, and anticipatory thinking.
- Comfort with dynamic, fast-paced work environments; a sense of urgency and attention to deadlines and details.
- Strong sense of diplomacy, responsibility, and tact. A high degree of integrity, adherence to confidentiality and have a high commitment to the University.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to pursue and adopt new ideas, information and technology, and process and summarize information.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with others.
- Successful interview (Including Word and Excel tests).
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- Operational knowledge of web content management.
- Experience in higher education administration.
- Experience using Banner and Brio.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville