End User Computing Specialist I
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an Inventory Specialist to join Academic Technology, a unit within UFIT.
The Inventory Specialist tracks inventory and assists with the technical support of end user workstations (desktops and mobile computing devices) and peripherals.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Assisting with Workspace Support set up, imaging and delivery of new and reissued equipment.
- Monitoring emails, service requests, and tracking logs for changes to end user assignments and locations of computers.
- Producing computer, hardware, and peripheral order quotes for end users. Receiving and processing deliveries of requested order shipments.
- Placing decals on UFIT workstation computers. Uploading decal information to the UF asset management system. Conducting inventory of decaled and non-decaled property at various sites annually.
- Collecting and preparing older equipment for UF Surplus; removing or destroying data from computers and submitting UF Surplus pickup requests for multiple locations. Assisting on site with surplus pickups of equipment.
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/ .
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
UF Information Technology is committed to attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse workforce and values diversity of thoughts, background, and experience. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people with different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching, learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution. We welcome applications from individuals who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s vision and mission.
Expected Salary: $17.24-$18.20 per hour; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://hr.ufl.edu/benefits/ Minimum Requirements:
Associate’s degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and skills:
- Excellent delivery of service through professional and courteous interactions with internal and external customers while meeting business needs.
An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms with the ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and a customer service-oriented approach and mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Easily adapt to changing work environments and requirements.
- Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
This position requires a valid Florida driver’s license.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge