End User Computing Specialist I
End User Computing Specialist I
UF Information Technology (UFIT) is currently seeking an entry level End User Computing Specialist to join the Academic Technology Classroom Support team, a unit within UFIT.
Employment with UFIT provides an excellent opportunity to work with other employees dedicated and focused on understanding and interpreting the technological needs of the University of Florida’s innovative and inspirational community.
The Academic Technology Classroom Support team is responsible for the installation, configuration, and support of all technology and equipment in roughly 250 classrooms across campus. This work includes real-time on-site and remote support/consultations for faculty.
Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Configuring and troubleshooting Windows based computers and AV equipment
- Providing support for instructors in potentially high-stress situations
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communication Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/ .
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.
About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.
Diversity and inclusivity make our institution and our community better. We value the fresh ideas and unique perspectives a diverse group of people provides. Achieving a top-5 public university ranking means we make it a priority to employ and work with people from many backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and ethnicities to discover new ways to leverage technology for teaching and learning, research, and the business needs of a comprehensive land-grant institution.
$16.76 - $17.81 per hour; commensurate with education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package. https://hr.ufl.edu/benefits/
Associate's degree; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience and skills:
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Training and certifications with AV technology (e.g. Crestron) or computer management (e.g. A+, Microsoft)
- Audio Visual wiring and technologies
- Exemplary communication skills: ability to explain complex, highly technical information to non-technical colleagues using clear, simple language
- Awareness of current standards and trends in AV, IT, and emerging technology
- Manage multiple tasks to deadlines; communicate progress at regular intervals
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Provide excellent service through professional and courteous interactions with internal and external customers while meeting business needs
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume and/or CV
- Professional References (Minimum of 3)
A valid Florida Drivers License is required for this position.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge