OPS Assistant Coach, Cheerleading
The Assistant Coach of Cheerleading reports to the Head Cheerleading Coach and the Associate Athletic Director for Marketing & Sales. The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to overseeing practices, games, appearances, and other FGCU Cheer and FGCU Athletic functions. The incumbent will also support program functions including tryouts, travel opportunities, fundraising efforts, and gameday support for FGCU Athletics. This position functions as a secondary decision maker to the Head Coach and at times supports athletes in various situations related to health, safety, academics, professionalism, and communication.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees practices, games, appearances, tryouts, travel opportunities, fundraisers, and game day activities.
- Instills safety precautions in all situations stated above.
- Leads and mentors students.
- Supports fundraising efforts regularly.
- Serves as the secondary contact to the Head Cheerleading Coach for any student, administration, or community need.
Additional Job Description
CPR and First Aid Certification
Experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization.
Cheerleading, Coaching, or Collegiate cheerleading experience.
UCA or NCA staff experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and proficiency in safety protocols specific to
the sport of cheerleading.
- Posses l eadership, organizational, and mentoring skills.
- The understanding and ability to enhance game day activities,
energize the crowd, and innovate routines, stunts, and
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University
goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and
procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and
follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse
population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of
the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and
processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.