Hourly Posting - Lab Technician - Ryan Laboratory
Job Code/Title 82751 - H - Labs/Research Assistant 1 Position Number HU1485 Working Title Hourly Posting - Lab Technician - Ryan Laboratory Department Biology Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $12/hr Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 29 Normal work days M-F Normal work hours Flexible hours Job Category Laboratory Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Ryan Immunology Lab (https://biology.vcu.edu/people/john-ryan.html) seeks a summer lab assistant to conduct research with our group.
Example of the jobs you will do:
A) Conduct ELISA assays
B) Perform tissue assays
C) Assist with analyzing samples acquired by flow cytometry
- Transportation to and from VCU Monroe Park campus
- Ability to work full days (8 hours) and flexibility to work half days (4 hours) when necessary
- Fundamental mathematics proficiency
- Familiarity with Apple/Mac operating systems
- Able to perform tasks requiring fine motor skills
- Capacity to work collaboratively on a team
- Ability to read and analyze data
- Prior experience with ELISA assays
- Familiarity with flow cytometry
Job Open Date 06/09/2021 Remove from posting on or before 06/15/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
1. Cover letter explaining why your interest in this job, how you can contribute to the lab and your future goals. (1 page max)
2. Your CV/resume
3. The contact information for two references.
Send these as a single word document or a pdf to:
Dr. John Ryan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106762 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
- Reference Letter - 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond