Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are
passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the
transformative power of learning.
The Technical Support Lead supports
learning by providing technical hardware and software support for
the Universities computers, printers, classroom technology and
related devices. This position will demonstrate customer service
skills when responding to students, faculty and staff technical
problems received via a ticketing system, phone, and email and in
Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with
prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and
the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group
of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service,
learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora
Upholds the Mission Statement:Aurora University an
inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of
Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes
the confidential nature of university business.
Supports learning through performance of essential job
functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or
Essential Job Functions:
Lead and work side by side with technical support team.
Performs troubleshooting of AU desktops, laptops and
peripherals on Windows and Macintosh Operating Systems and
applications, providing remote and desk side technical
Lead the creation and maintenance of technical support
Interacts with vendors to facilitate repairs of hardware, i.e.
printers, laptops and desktops.
Manage the development and deployment of end-user device
Implements hardware and software patches in accordance with
security policies and deployment procedures.
Works proactively with AU personnel to on-board new employees
and prepare hardware and software for those employees, and assists
in the training and orientation of new staff in use of hardware and
Be a role model to student workers, including the areas of
accountability, performance, attendance practices, and maintaining
a positive work environment.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Network+, A+ or MCP preferred.
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience in information
technology and/or related functions
- Minimum three year experience in desktop support role.
- Minimum one year experience with leading a technical support
- Imaging of operating systems using software such as Clonezilla,
Fog, WDS, and MDT.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of client / server and cloud-based
- Experience working in an environment with a ticketing
- General TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Experience with working in an environment with print management
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Experience supporting projectors and smartboards in a classroom
- Experience with VDI concepts a plus
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Apple operating
- Sound judgment and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication
- Quick learner with great prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and be dependable.
- Ability to accept divergent views while maintaining a
constructive working relationship with other team members.
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts as appropriate
based on staffing needs.
- Absolute trustworthiness with high standards of personal
integrity (demonstrated by an unblemished career history, complete
lack of criminal convictions, etc.), and willingness to undergo
vetting and/or personality assessments to verify this.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Travel to alternate sites as needs demand.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including
health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b)
retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send
resume with cover letter and contact information for three
references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.