Technical Support Lead
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Technical Support Lead supports learning by providing technical hardware and software support for the Universities computers, printers, classroom technology and related devices. This position will demonstrate customer service skills when responding to students, faculty and staff technical problems received via a ticketing system, phone, and email and in person.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Network+, A+ or MCP preferred.
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience in information technology and/or related functions
- Minimum three year experience in desktop support role.
- Minimum one year experience with leading a technical support team.
- Imaging of operating systems using software such as Clonezilla, Fog, WDS, and MDT.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory.
- Strong knowledge of client / server and cloud-based technologies.
- Experience working in an environment with a ticketing system.
- General TCP/IP troubleshooting.
- Experience with working in an environment with print management solutions.
- Knowledge of change management processes.
- Experience supporting projectors and smartboards in a classroom environment.
- Experience with VDI concepts a plus
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
- Sound judgment and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Quick learner with great prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and be dependable.
- Ability to accept divergent views while maintaining a constructive working relationship with other team members.
- Ability to work day, evening or weekend shifts as appropriate based on staffing needs.
- Absolute trustworthiness with high standards of personal integrity (demonstrated by an unblemished career history, complete lack of criminal convictions, etc.), and willingness to undergo vetting and/or personality assessments to verify this.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Travel to alternate sites as needs demand.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Aurora