Director of Facility Services
Posting Number AS195P Position Title Director of Facility Services Contract Length 12 months Class Summary
Incumbent manages facility operations and staff, performs technical engineering functions, manages construction projects, negotiates contracts, interprets and applies applicable laws and regulations and coordinates activities with internal and external departments or organizations.
Candidates Eligible to Apply Internal/External Position Type Exempt Staff Employment Status Full Time Position Funding Type Regular
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of professional facilities management experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Technology, Engineering, Architecture or a related field and five (5) or more years of professional facilities management experience.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
• Safety procedures
• Facilities management principles
• Applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations
• Interpreting contracts
• Reading blue prints and schematics
• Operating computers and applicable software and hardware
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
Valid driver’s license
• minimizing hazards,
• manage a clean and safe 750,000 square foot educational facility,
• engaging with vendors and contractors,
• may require working weekends, nights, and holidays,
• responds to facilities related emergencies (water leaks, fires, failed HVAC…)
• directing facilities functions,
• works with COM Police and others to provide safe environment,
• preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditure,
• designing and planning workstations,
• coordinating remodeling and refurbishment initiatives,
• equipment (including automotive) maintenance and repair,
• forecasting space needs,
• ensuring compliance with zoning laws,
• coordinating relocations, and
• negotiating lease agreements.
Climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, poor ventilation and travel.
Minimum Salary Range $76,094 Mid Point Salary Range . Maximum Salary Range $102,727 Posting Open Date 05/14/2021 Posting Close Date Posting Will Be Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories, which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran status.
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting https://jobs.com.edu/postings/2456 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Cover Letter