Microsystems Analyst I - (STA007531)
Provides hardware and software technical support to a department, including all major business applications for MacIntoshes and IBM-compatible personal computers.
- Researches, analyzes, designs, and maintains desktop computer systems in support of departmental needs.
- Administers the local area network for a department, including the installation, configuration, maintenance, and upgrading of the LAN; backs up the LAN on a daily and weekly basis.
- Serves as the database administrator for the department and acts as liaison to data processing staff from Information Technology in resolving programming or communications problems.
- Develops training materials and trains staff to use computer applications; develops and maintains systems documentation.
- Analyzes the department's software and hardware needs; recommends hardware and software purchases based on analysis of needs; ensures compliance with university and division policies and procedures regarding network/computing acquisitions.
- Maintains the inventory of the department's computer hardware and software.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional job duties
- Customer Support
- Capturing images for desktops and laptops.
- Support O365
- Software packaging and deployment experience.
- Mac support
- Printer management and troubleshooting.
- Maintain Active Directory and GPO.
- Support 3rd party hardware.[ Digital Signage/Mobile Charging Station/ Large Scanners/Remote Lockers]
- Support public computer labs, training labs, and collaboration areas.
- Support audio/visual equipment in conference/meeting rooms.
- Support students and staff for all  UH library branches.[M.D. Anderson, Health Science, Music, and Architecture]
Bachelors and 6 months experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston