Executive Director, Coll/Div Business Operations - (STA007536)
INTERNAL POSTING ONLY
*This position will be located at the College of Pharmacy.
Reports directly to the dean. Directs the development, implementation and administration of business operations for a highly complex college or division. Engages in strategic planning and analysis, and serves as point of contact for fiscal and administrative matters.
- Directs overall strategic planning as well as the creation and implementation of annual budget. Reviews budget and personnel reports submitted by subordinates, and conducts analyses and projections.
- Provides financial accountability and ensures compliance with state, university and external funding agencies. Provides direct oversight of college's business staff in charge of financial and personnel matters.
- Serves as resource to dean, chairs and directors on strategic financial and administrative matters, as well as policies and program development. Writes policy statements, facilitates management decisions, and engages in long-range planning and analysis.
- Leads major projects, which may include capital construction, building renovation, and the creation of new departments and programs.
- Directs procurement operations, including contracts, purchasing and travel.
- Oversees the administration of the college's accounting records, including sponsored project accounts. Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures and supervises business audit reviews.
- Oversees the administration of the human resource and payroll processes for the college, including position budget management, faculty affairs, and staff performance evaluation.
- Interprets university policies and procedures and arranges for staff training as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison with executives and administrative offices regarding fiscal and operational issues. Represents the college or division on committees and in other administrative contexts.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 5 years of experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical, or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4-year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Experience will not be considered in lieu of education.
Education will not be considered in lieu of experience.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Higher Education experience.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, exercise excellent judgment, demonstrate critical thinking skills and adapt to shifting priorities in a diverse setting.
- Ability to clearly interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Experience in Human Resources administration.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management.
- Experience participating in strategic planning and analysis.
- Experience managing grants and contracts.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Highest level of professionalism and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external constituents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Finance and HR preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion Planning preferred.
- Relevant University of Houston experience preferred.
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been completed.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston