Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) Grant Project Director (VII)
Job Posting Title Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) Grant Project Director (VII) Location Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College) Department Location Instruction Posting Number AE00462P The Institution
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College ( SCC ) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The College has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center, and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The College offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement, and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams.
The Hispanic Serving Institution ( HSI ) Grant Project Director is primarily responsible for the successful fiscal, operational, and compliance administration of the federal Students in a Global Economy ( SAGE ) grant.
● Reports directly to the Vice President of Instruction.
● Coordinates with Student Services and Instruction offices for the programming in the grant.
● Works with local school districts on dual enrollment programs.
The department/program maintains a focus on:
● Integrity in the administration of proposals, grants, and contracts.
● Sound general program fiscal management practices.
● Establishing good community linkages and public relations.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
● Managing all administrative, budgetary, contracting, compliance, and reporting aspects for the grant to the Department of Education, and communicating and problem-solving with the appropriate Program Monitor(s), as needed.
● Negotiating and continuously improving relationships with current and potential collaborators and community partners.
● Participating in grantee activities.
● Developing, administering, managing, and overseeing budgets.
● Identifying the need for budget modifications and producing these modifications as needed.
● Ensuring compliance with grant and project requirements.
● Creating effective and practical project work plans.
● Solving operational problems as they arise and documenting best practices.
● Identifying opportunities for program improvement.
● Collecting data needed to determine effectiveness of projects in order to ensure meeting of grant provisions.
● Creating, reviewing, and submitting required reports.
● Participating in the creation of tactical and strategic plans for future projects aligned with the project’s mission.
● Supervising appropriate grant-related staff, including certificated, clerical, student, intern, and technical professional staff.
● Producing additional written reports and presenting to various campus and community groups, as needed.
● Working with faculty, management, and staff to ensure appropriate and effective implementation of grant related instruction, counseling, and student services.
● Creating and managing budgets, and administering and overseeing all fiscal activities related to the federal HSI grant, in conjunction with other responsible staff and the district’s business office, for successful roll-out and completion of the project.
● Managing expenditures to ensure project is completed within budget.
● Solving operational problems and communicating verbally and in written form on progress and solutions to the Vice President of Instruction, Grant Program Officer(s), and the Vice President of Student Services/Designee.
● Monitoring and consolidating data related to the performance of colleges as defined by Federal grant guidelines.
● Ensuring compliance with grant and contract provisions.
● Collaborating with faculty, deans, program managers, and other college and district partners.
● Identifying and implementing best administrative and budget practices.
● Producing reports and budget modifications as required by Sacramento City College, Los Rios Community College District ( LRCCD ), and the Department of Education.
● Representing Sacramento City College and LRCCD in meetings and conference calls, as required.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off campus work and/or hours.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree*, all degrees must be from an accredited institution completed by October 1, 2021.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website under CCCCO Handbook .
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District Administrative position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Letter of Interest
• Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
• Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
• Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
• Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant documents.
• A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
• Foreign transcript evaluations ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $95,910 to $103,826 annually LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 06/09/2021 Closing Date 07/12/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-Time, Categorically Funded*, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about January 1, 2022 through September 30, 2022.
*Categorically Funded Position: This position is contingent on continued funding and satisfactory work performances; may be extended, on an annual basis, to future fiscal years, through September 30, 2025.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15604 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento