Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Admissions and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
Since its founding in 1881, the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Dentistry has striven to educate the leading practitioners, scholars and faculty members of the next generation. The School is a global leader in dental education and public health, clinical practice and scientific discovery and is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture of its community and a supportive work and learning environment that attracts the best faculty, staff, students and trainees.
The UCSF School of Dentistry is seeking an accomplished leader to serve as Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Admissions and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Reporting directly to the Dean of UCSF School of Dentistry, the Associate Dean will provide leadership in all matters related to the life cycle and development of students in the School; and will ensure strategic alignment with the goals and mission of the School of Dentistry and for the School's efforts to demonstrably advance diversity, equity and inclusion of student members. Additionally, the Associate Dean will lead in planning, directing, implementing, and assessing admission strategies and initiatives to ensure recruitment of talented and diverse incoming learners.
The Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Admissions and DEI will serve on the Senior Leadership Team and will collaborate closely with deans, chairs, and other academic and non-academic leaders in the development and delivery of all key School and University strategies.
This is a full-time academic position. The incumbent will have a concurrent faculty appointment in the appropriate series and rank contingent on qualifications and/or interests. This is an excellent opportunity for a builder and visionary leader who wants to develop the best and brightest in future generations of dentists by ensuring both the greatest student experience possible and the rigor required to achieve the School's mission.
• DDS/DMD, EdD, and/or PhD degree or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of experience working in admissions or in a higher education setting.
• Significant understanding of higher education administration and University accreditation processes.
• Demonstrated experience in diversity, equity and inclusion within a complex education or healthcare organization.
• Strong emotional intelligence and relationship orientation; ability to partner, influence others, and create a highly collaborative culture which enables effective communication and knowledge sharing, but also ownership and accountability for results.
• Demonstrated experience developing and evaluating programs and efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and advise faculty and learners from all backgrounds and especially those underrepresented in health sciences.
• Demonstrated knowledge about faculty and learner recruitment, retention and advancement.
• Highly credible and knowledgeable about recruiting, retaining and advancing diverse faculty, learners and staff.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality is critical.
• Experience in interprofessional health education
• Experience with the continuum of dental education at the institutional level
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Nomination and Application Process
Applicants should provide a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statements of teaching and research, a detailed description of the qualifications and experience relevant to this position, statement of contributions to diversity, plus the names and email addresses of three references. The packet must be submitted electronically at the following site: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03445. Applicants' materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Further enquiries may be directed to Victor Jimenez at Victor.Jimenez@ucsf.edu .