PT Geospatial Technology (GIST) Instructor
PT Geospatial Technology (GIST) Instructor
PART-TIME GEOSPATIALTECHNOLOGY (GIST) INSTRUCTOR
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received.
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
- Teach GIS and Geospatial Technology courses.
WORKING CONDITIONS / ABILITIES:
- Endurance within a classroom setting, teaching students while standing, sitting, or walking throughout the classroom.
- Use of aids such as chalkboards, posters, bulletin boards, overhead projector, television, recorder, computer, and technological equipment.
- Retrieval, use, storage, and light lifting of teaching material, including books, equipment, assignments, etc.
- Personally model subject-matter knowledge in written and oral language.
- Accurately assess students' learning abilities, needs, and styles.
- Seeing to read various materials.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person.
- Develop and implement a behavioral management process for monitoring, evaluating, and managing both appropriate and inappropriate student behaviors.
- Address stressful events, created by hostile students by (a) maintaining emotional control, (b) listening without judgment or retaliation, (c) reasoning objectively and consistently, (d) keeping at the forefront the best interests of the student, and (e) maintaining professionalism and due process.
- Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
- The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
- The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position as defined in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges published by the Academic Affairs Division, Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges which can be located at the website below: http://extranet.cccco.edu/Portals/1/AA/MinQuals/MinimumQualificationsHandbook2012_2014.pdf
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
SALARY RANGE: Education and accredited teaching experience determine placement on a non-negotiable part-time faculty salary schedule.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/employment2/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/64?c=fhda