Clinical Associate or Full Professor, Medical Director, Odessa Brown Children's Clinic, Pediatrics
The University of Washington, Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics and Seattle Children’s Hospital invites applications for a 1.0 FTE leadership position as a Clinical Associate or Full Professor on the Full Time Clinical Faculty track. Rank is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a 12-month service period (July 1 – June 30). Anticipated start date Winter 2021.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Medical Director for the Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic (Central and Othello campuses) and provide medical leadership including quality improvement, health equity innovation, integrated health services, clinical program development, and advancements in resident education and engagement.
The Medical Director will be expected to work closely with departmental and hospital administration to:
- Assure that the policies and the practice of patient care, teaching, and research in the clinic are consistent with the needs and goals of the medical center and the academic department of pediatrics.
- Oversee the quality and efficiency of care delivered by all providers assigned to the clinic.
- Review and improve clinic operations, including business functions, faculty support, revenue, marketing, personnel issues, conflict resolution and patient safety.
- Coordinate and oversee educational experiences in the clinic for medical students and pediatric residents, ensuring that these are consistent with stipulated educational goals and meet the residency-specific guidelines for the number of clinic sessions and volume of patients seen.
- Collaborate in design and implementation of innovative clinical programs that advance health equity, and focus on care for children with social and medical complexity, and integrate medical, social, and behavioral health needs in primary care.
All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service.
Eligible candidates will have earned an MD, DO or (foreign equivalent), be board certified or eligible in pediatrics, and have experience and qualifications for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
If you are interested, please apply via Interfolio for this position by submitting a CV, Cover Letter and Equity and Inclusion (EDI) Statement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Pediatrics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle