Clinical Associate or Professor, Senior Medical Director Odessa Brown Children's Clinic, Pediatrics
The University of Washington, Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics and Seattle Children’s Hospital invites applications for a 1.0 FTE leadership position as a Clinical Associate or Clinical Professor on the Full Time Clinical Faculty track. Rank is commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a 12-month service period (July 1 – June 30). Anticipated start date Winter 2021.
The successful candidate will assume the role of Senior Medical Director for Community Health for Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic at Central and Othello and provide medical leadership that supports our community-responsive, anti-racist, and integrated approach to healthcare for the children and families in the under-resourced communities that we serve.
The Senior Medical Director for Community Health will be expected to work closely with departmental and hospital administration to:
- Create and maintain community partnerships that expand the clinic’s reach to children and families in our communities who have been disproportionally impacted by structural barriers to care.
- Develop new, and expand current clinical and community-based programs that focus on integrating medical, behavioral, and social needs services to improve community and population health, and advance health equity.
- Ensure effective integration and standardization of clinical activities between sites and integration of medical programs with co-located dental and mental health services.
- Design and implement strategic and community facing health equity work involving community partnerships and systemic advocacy.
- Ensure that clinic structures and processes support and maintain the consistent and honest inclusion of community input on clinical and community health efforts, with a focus on populations who experience the greatest disadvantages for health and well-being
- Collaborate and support the OBCC Measurement and Innovation Hub’s efforts on community-partnered measurement and evaluation to advance OBCC’s mission and improvement, as well as support congruent research and rigorous data collection to promote population health measurement and improvement. Work with the Hub community and measurement leads to identify and engage with appropriate partners and projects for clinic, community, and policy level measurement and research efforts.
All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research and service.
Eligible candidates will have earned an MD, DO, or (foreign equivalent), be board certified or eligible in pediatrics, and have experience and qualifications for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
In order to be eligible for University sponsorship for an H-1B visa, graduates of foreign (non-U.S.) medical schools must show successful completion of all three steps of the U.S. Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), or equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
If you are interested, please apply via Interfolio for this position by submitting a CV, Cover Letter, and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Pediatrics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Seattle