Founding Director, Master of Healthcare Administration Program
High Point University in High Point, North Carolina is pleased to announce the launching of a fully online Master of Healthcare Administration Program, and invites applications and nominations for a full-time, tenure-track position of Founding Director and Associate or Full Professor. The Master of Healthcare Administration Program is scheduled to begin in fall of 2022 and will be housed within the Department of Medical Sciences within the Congdon School of Health Sciences. The mission of the program will be to enhance the leadership and decision-making capabilities of healthcare professionals who wish to advance to managerial or leadership positions in their field.
The Founding Director of the Healthcare Administration Program will play a significant role in the strategic planning of the curriculum, mission and outcomes of the program, and in ensuring that they are aligned with those of the Congdon School of Health Sciences and the university; in seeking accreditation with the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME); in the hiring and management of exceptional, student-focused faculty and staff; in collaborating with admissions on the marketing of the program and recruitment of students; and in providing academic, educational and administrative leadership for the program.
The Director reports to the Chair of the Department of Medical Sciences within the Congdon School of Health Sciences. As a member of the University’s administrative team, the Director has a role in University- wide leadership.
High Point University is committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Doctoral degree in healthcare administration, public health, health information management, business administration, or related
- Minimum of three to five years of academic program administration and leadership experience in higher education healthcare
- Demonstrated track record of teaching excellence and scholarly productivity commensurate with a lead academic officer in a School and consistent with academic requirements of a tenure-track faculty
- Proven track record in CAHME
- Knowledge and experience in designing and teaching online
graduate health management courses in at least two of the following
- Healthcare policy
- Healthcare planning and marketing
- Healthcare leadership/management
- Healthcare finance and economics
- Health informatics
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and
- Willingness to embrace working in an interdisciplinary
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, collaborative, team-building, and communication skills (written and oral).
Review of applications will begin on July 10th and continue until the position is filled.
About the University
At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. ® HPU is a God, family and country school. It is located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is a liberal arts institution with 5,400 undergraduate and graduate students. It is ranked No. 1 by U.S. News and World Report for Best Regional Colleges in the South, No. 1 for Most Innovative Regional Colleges in the South and recognized for Best Undergraduate Teaching in the South. The Princeton Review named HPU in the 2020 edition of “The Best 385 Colleges” and on the Best Southeastern Colleges “2020 Best Colleges: Region by Region” list. HPU was also recognized for Most Beautiful Campus (No. 18), Best College Dorms (No. 5) and Best Campus Food (No. 20). For nine years in a row, HPU has been named a College of Distinction with special recognition for business and education programs and career development. The university offers 60 undergraduate majors, 64 undergraduate minors and 13 graduate degree programs. It is a member of the NCAA, Division I and the Big South Conference. Visit High Point University on the web at http://www.highpoint.edu.
Formal Application Process
Please send cover letter, curriculum vitae, and full contact information for three academic references to the High Point University employment portal http://www.highpoint.edu/administration/employment-opportunities/. For additional inquiries, please contact Dr. Angela Bauer (Vice President of Academic Affairs) at 336.841.9501 or email@example.com. The review process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. High Point University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. High Point University does not sponsor H1B Visa applications for new faculty.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point