University Web Master
Division of Enrollment
Position Title: University Web Master
Department: Marketing and Media Relations
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Executive Director of Marketing and Communication
- Works Closely with: Marketing and Media Relations Team, Office of Information Technology, Office of Alumni & Development, and Web Content Editors throughout the University
- Directly Supervises: Web Interns
Job Summary: Working with the Marketing and Media Relations Team, the University Web Master will build compelling and exceptional web pages, applications and mobile solutions for Millikin University and also provides guidance, training and support for these initiatives. Millikin is looking for an individual who loves to code websites and who has at least a year of experience working with a Drupal content management website. Ideal candidates enjoy problem solving, have a passion to learn and explore new technologies and trends. Excellent communication skills paired with a positive attitude and team orientation are a must.
This position has been designated as an “Essential” Employee under the Emergency Preparedness Plan in order to ensure that University operations continue uninterrupted during periods of public health or other emergencies, including those that require Millikin University to close or restrict operations.
All employees are expected to uphold the values of the University. At Millikin University, we value:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
- Develop, program, support and maintain the University website and other digital initiatives.
- Code, test, and implement applications and evaluate applications after implementation.
- Provide on-going and problem-solving support of Drupal sites owned by University.
- Comply with data security polices and standards and implementing data security measures.
- Monitor security bulletins and open-software community postings.Work with Millikin’s creative team to implement web design.
- Responds to requests for information, assistance and training from campus staff and faculty; conducts Drupal training when necessary.
- Implement and reinforce industry best practices.
- Develops strategies to enhance user experience (UX), optimize SEO and monitor and audit for accessibility through deployment of industry best practices.
- Delivers critical information via the website whenever there is an urgent need; is available 24/7 to work with the Executive Director of Marketing & Media Relations and others as needed to post emergency notices on the campus website, in Send Word Now, and on various social media platforms.
- Works closely with the Information Technology department to coordinate matters related to the website and web applications.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Marketing and Media Relations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience developing websites and/or web applications
- Preferred 1+ years of experience with Drupal, Git and Drush
- Experience creating an overarching web strategy and managing web projects
- Experience developing for mobile platforms and/or mobile applications
- Understanding of server and operating system environments as related to website operation
- A solid understanding of development processes and standards
- Strong project management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Experience collaborating with a creative team
- Dedication to providing quality customer service
- Desire and willingness to work in a fast-paced, innovative higher education environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Dexterity to operate a keyboard
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasionally lifting 25 – 50 lbs.
- Hearing and visual acuity within normal range
- Typical working conditions found in most administrative work areas
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of two professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.