Tenure Track Faculty - Public Relations
Job Title Tenure Track Faculty - Public Relations Job Code 2360-Tenure Track faculty Full/Part Time Full Time Regular/Temporary Regular Tenure Information Tenure Track Rank Assistant Professor Salary Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience Department Communication Studies Hiring Department Summary
DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION STUDIES
The department offers B.A. degree programs in General Communication Studies, Public Relations, Film Studies and Journalism, and an M.A. program in Communication Studies. As one of the largest and most academically diverse departments on campus, with over 1,900 undergraduate majors, we value inclusive and engaging pedagogy and scholarship using a variety of strategies, technologies, and methods. With 28 full-time, tenure track faculty we strive to create a learning environment that appreciates human diversity situated in the rich tapestry of the greater Sacramento region. For more information on the department, please see the website here: https://www.csus.edu/college/arts-letters/communications-studies/
- Provide curricular leadership in the
Public Relations program.
- Teach introductory and advanced level
- Engage in scholarly and creative
- Provide service to the institution.
- Provide service to the community.
- Advise students.
Appointment Specifics Required Qualifications
- M.A. or M.S. in Communication Studies or related field with emphasis in public relations..
- Evidence of excellence in teaching at the university level and/or professional public relations experience.
- Ability to teach survey, theory, writing, and practicum courses in public relations.
- Interest in and the ability to conduct scholarly or applied research in public relations.
- A demonstrated ability and interest in working with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Expertise in issue management/crisis communication or public relations theory and research.
- Ph.D. in Communication Studies or allied field with emphasis in public relations .
- Established research record.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F0134P Anticipated Start Date Fall 2020 Initial Application Review 09/18/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
A LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY TO THIS POSTING CAN BE FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POSTING UNDER “Documents Needed to Apply”:
• A letter indicating the applicant’s interest in the position and the way in which the applicant meets the qualifications.
• Diversity Statement: An explicit statement addressing applicant’s commitment to inclusion and diversity;
• Teaching Effectiveness – Evidence of teaching excellence (e.g., syllabi, teaching evaluations).
• Statement of teaching philosophy.
• Scholarly Interests: Evidence of creative activity and/or scholarly research.
• Three to five recent professional references, including names and contact information.
• Unofficial transcripts from institutions granting post-secondary degrees.
Additional documentation and letters of recommendation may be required at a later date.
Candidate will be required to provide official transcripts of their highest degree earned and must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.. California State University, Sacramento is a sponsoring agency ( ie. H-1-B Visa).
Campus Diversity Statement
Sacramento is one of the most diverse and integrated major cities in the country, and Sacramento State is committed to providing a quality education for all of our region’s students. Our campus community represents the broad diversity of our state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. Sacramento State is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their teaching, research, and service, to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html.
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position.
California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.