Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Legal Affairs
Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Legal Affairs & Human Resources
Posting Number: R0003627
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Reporting to the Vice President for Legal Affairs and Human Resources, the Executive Assistant (EA) role plays a critical role in maximizing the effectiveness of the Vice President and her direct reports, including:
- Human Resources
- University Counsel
- Risk Management
Key to the success of this position are: creating positive, productive, and meaningful relationships with internal and external clients; highly professional communication skills, including excellent writing skills; and the utmost discretion around confidential information.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the VP's
- Handles and prioritizes incoming issues and requests addressed
to the VP.
- Communicates directly and professionally on behalf of the VP to
University leadership, the campus community, outside counsel and
other interested parties.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the VP and the
VP's direct reports, including maintenance of calendars,
preparation of agendas and documents for meetings, and assisting
with preparation of correspondence and processing of documentation
for VP's office.
- Maintains files and records (electronic and hard copy) in an
organized, consistent and confidential manner, using university
procedures for protecting and maintaining the privacy of records,
and following relevant documents retention schedules.
- Manages the flow of projects and issues requiring immediate or
- Writes, edits, or coordinates the creation of select
communications on behalf of the VP.
- Tracking and managing invoices and billing as necessary,
including maintaining budget information for the VP and her
departments to ensure budget decisions can be made in a timely
fashion with accurate information. Reconciling p-cards/invoice
- Ensuring a smooth functioning office through maintaining an
inventory of supplies.
- Completing general office tasks, including performing general
office duties such as copying, scanning, collating, filing and
- Coordinating the planning of events and meetings, including
special events. This may include scheduling of locations and times,
ordering refreshments, requesting AV equipment, coordination of
schedules, and preparation and distribution of meeting
- Process daily mail, greet visitors, answer phones, maintain
office appearance, order office supplies, schedule maintenance, and
manage p-card statements.
- Undertaking projects, conducting research and performing
special studies by gathering, compiling and maintaining information
- Exhibiting confidentiality, discretion and superior judgment
regarding all matters conducted in the VP's office related to all
stakeholders. Safeguarding the confidentiality of personnel
information, department and administrative records, files and
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
student success, and high level of interpersonal and intercultural
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum of five years of executive support
experience of progressively responsible nature.
- High level competency in use of Office Suite software,
including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, or similar tools. Willingness
and ability to learn complex database entry and reporting and new
technologies associated with the job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention
- Excellent interpersonal/people skills with ability to interact
with diversity of people both in and out of University, and at
different levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to
manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects and meet
- Patience, integrity, and the ability to exercise good judgment
and diplomacy and to maintain a high level of
- Some flexibility required to occasionally work non-standard
- Strong collaboration skills and an aptitude for managing
conflict. Must have a positive and pleasant attitude and establish
and maintain harmonious relations with staff, faculty and
- Excellent record keeping, proofreading, and writing skills as
well as a high degree of accuracy.
- This position is subject to a criminal conviction record
Typical Work Schedule:
This position generally works Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm.
Work is primarily performed indoors in a typical office environment.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Executive-Assistant-to-the-Vice-President-of-Legal-Affairs---Human-Resources_R0003627
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.