The Career Advisor works collaboratively with the Career Connections team and Landmark College faculty to develop a comprehensive Career Readiness program that is data-driven and accessible for all Landmark College students. The coordinator’s primary responsibilities are:
- Advisor, Group Advisor, Career Mentor - Works with Landmark College students both individually and as part of a group advisory cohort to mentor students through the career readiness process. This includes but is not limited to assisting students in selecting a field of study and identifying career interests, developing an academic plan that aligns with career interests, attaining an internship or job through the development of cover letters, resumes, and interview skills and/or managing the college transfer or graduate school process. This position works collaboratively with the Core Advising department to follow established best practices and protocols for student success. The position is expected to draw from the principles of various formal approaches, such as: life coaching, motivational interviewing, and appreciative inquiry and to apply theories such as adolescent and emerging adult development, cognitive, identity, and moral development, and challenges related to neurodivergent individuals. [60%]
- Provide Career Oriented Instructional Content - In collaboration with the Career Connections staff, Faculty, and Alumni Office, this position will contribute career-related events and workshops and develop resources for students, alumni, faculty, and staff in the areas of career and financial literacy, both face to face and online. Some of these events will require occasional evening and weekend commitments. These resources will be used to supplement academic classes, workshops and as standalone credit bearing options. [30%]
- Career Connections Website Content - Working collaboratively with the Career Connections Director, the Career Connections team, and the LC marketing department, the coordinator will maintain the project webpage and outreach materials to provide accessible resources and information for students, faculty, advisors, partners, and employers. [10%]
How to Apply
Interested individuals should provide a cover letter, resume or CV, and the names of three references. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please email your application to email@example.com. Applications may also be mailed to Director of Human Resources, Landmark College, 19 River Road South, Putney, Vermont 05346. No phone calls please.
Diversifying the student body, faculty, and administration is congruent with our mission. We value diverse populations and cultures including, but not limited to, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, national origin, neurodiversity, race, and religion. Landmark College is an EO/AA/Vet/Disability employer.
Apply for Career Advisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Dummerston
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Dummerston
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Dummerston
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Dummerston
- Career Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in East Dummerston