Director of Financial Aid Services
Moravian University in Bethlehem, PA, in partnership with the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Financial Aid Services. The Director of Financial Aid Services is responsible for developing financial aid and financial service strategies that support Moravian University's enrollment, recruitment and retention goals. The Director of Financial Aid Services is a member of the Enrollment Management Division and reports to the Executive Director of Admissions and Financial Services. The Director will provide expertise and knowledge of best practices and leadership in guiding a model operation.
The Position: The Director provides overall management and leadership necessary for the effective administration of the University’s Office of Financial Aid Services. The Director is responsible for:
- Interpreting and analyzing factors concerning local, state and national developments in financial aid; monitoring federal and state regulation updates; establishing systems and maintaining oversight to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and directives;
- Overseeing timely review and processing of financial aid applications, needs analysis, awards, and disbursement of funds;
- Developing and implementing financial aid packaging strategies to meet enrollment and retention objectives;
- Managing the budget for the financial aid department;
- Developing and maintaining a team culture that ensures the highest level of customer service to all of the office’s internal and external customers;
- Providing vision, leadership, supervision, and professional development for office staff, and maintaining a high degree of contact with Moravian University’s stakeholders including faculty, administration, institutional research, technology user groups, students, and a wide variety of committees.;
- Coordinating all financial aid activity with the Finance, Student Account and Registrar Offices. Developing an infrastructure that supports the delivery of exceptional customer service and student support through interdepartmental collaboration and communication;
- Preparing reports and budgets and maintaining reliable financial aid data; completing annual and periodic reports as required by federal, state, and institutional offices to secure and maintain participation in various financial aid programs;
- Representing the Financial Aid Office at various recruitment functions, on university committees, for external reviews and visitation, and at professional organizational meetings.
Qualifications: Candidates Should Have the Following:
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s preferred;
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in financial aid at a private educational institution;
- One year of supervisory/leadership experience;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective collaborative relationships; a
- Commitment to customer service and the ability to be a trusted ambassador of division mission and goals.
Moravian University and Bethlehem, PA:
Moravian University: Moravian University is the 6th oldest in the country. It was founded on a belief that education is essential for all, without regard for gender or social standing. It was a revolutionary idea at the time, but that didn’t stop it. In fact, Moravian thrives on new and innovative ideas and has been embracing them ever since. Moravian University’s liberal arts education prepares each individual for a reflective life, fulfilling careers, and transformative leadership in a world of change. The Moravian University mission is more than just talk. It actually lives it. Students, faculty, staff—the entire campus dreams a little bigger than most. A MacBook Pro and an iPad for every freshman? Check. State-of-the-art facilities like the Sally Breidegam Miksiewicz Center for Health Sciences? Check. More opportunities than ever to explore, research, intern, volunteer, play, study, and learn? Check. Its mission is a promise—one that it intends to keep.
Bethlehem, PA: From pre-colonial buildings to rooms where the Constitution was written, Bethlehem, PA, is steeped in history. And while it was founded more than 275 years ago, this town has reinvented itself over and over again. Today, there’s a booming arts district, amazing restaurants, boutique shops, and more!
Moravian’s two campuses book end a mile-stretch of Bethlehem’s Main Street, including a so-adorable-it-hurts block of Historic Bethlehem where well-priced vintage stores, art galleries, and local olive oil and chocolate purveyors share the street with inns and buildings that have roots as deep as our country’s humble beginning. Main Street is a huge reason why over 75,000 people call Bethlehem home. While on Main Street, visit America's oldest continuously operating book seller, the Moravian Book Shop, which also happens to be the student bookstore for Moravian University.
Application and Nomination Process: All correspondence relating to the position of Director of Financial Aid Services should be directed in confidence to the University’s executive recruitment consultant:
Mr. Jamie Marcus, Senior Associate Vice President
Scott Healy & Associates
All Applications Must Contain the Following Items:
1) A cover letter outlining your experience and expertise as it relates to The Position;
2) A complete resume highlighting your career in higher education and educational credentials;
3) The names of five professional references including their relationship to you, their position, email, and direct phone numbers. (References will not be contacted without written permission)
Applications submitted by Monday, July 12, 2021, will receive priority consideration. This search will remain open until the position is filled.
Moravian University aspires to be a welcoming and inclusive community that embraces and values the diversity of all members of the campus community. We strive to accept the uniqueness of all individuals, and we cultivate an environment that respects, affirms, and defends the dignity of each member of our community. We are committed to providing a workplace and educational environment, as well as other benefits, programs, and activities, that are free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Apply for Director of Financial Aid Services
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bethlehem
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bethlehem
- Financial Aid Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bethlehem
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bethlehem