Fellow - Wellness Center
Reporting to a Clinical Director - Wellness Center, aFellow – Wellness Centerworks in a team environment with Clinical Counselors, assist in the ongoing growth and development of outreach programs and community partnerships and learning and participating in the delivery of a range of services to clients. Performs related duties as required.
- Creates outreach activities and delivers presentations to provide information and a platform for students and the campus community to come together and discuss social issues and topics relating to mental health and general wellness.
- Organizes Wellness Center events and programming such as Wellness Fairs and health screenings in support of student academic and personnel success.
- Maintains Center’s event calendar. Creates flyers to promote events.
- Provides case management services, assessing clients socio-emotional and support needs, working with clients to create a plan of action for obtaining needed services, and providing referrals to community resources.
- Maintains and monitors the maintenance of records and the preparation of reports using Titanium, a HIPPA-compliant medical records system.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports regarding services provided and clinician hours.
- Prepares informational materials Wellness Center to promote services for students and the campus community.
- Attends professional development sessions on mental health and other relevant topics.
- Assists in staffing the front desk, serving as the first point of contact for clients seeking services.
- May provide the first level therapeutic intervention of the client experience. Alerts clinical staff when crisis intervention is needed.
- May administer Counseling Center Assessment Psychological Symptoms (CCAPS) tool to assess mental health needs of college students.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work (M.S.W.)
- Licensure by the State of Illinois as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is desirable
- Work experience in a community, mental health, or social services agency performing intake or servicing clients is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required