Assistant to the Office of Human Resources
Assistant to the Office of Human Resources
Salary: Starting at $36,000
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The College is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with: (1) a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment; (2) a commitment to leading the operations of the Business Office to ensure the furtherance of the College mission; and (3) a willingness to work with internal and stakeholders in a way that demonstrates the College values.
MVCC is seeking to fill a full-time Assistant to the Office of Human Resources. The Assistant to the Office of Human Resources provides administrative and office support for the Office of Human Resources. The incumbent works independently on a variety of office administration functions including those of a timely, sensitive, and confidential nature; assists with human resource functions; may coordinate human resources projects; supports an inclusive environment and works with a diverse population. The Assistant to the Office of Human Resources models excellence in service to the College community.
- Serves as the primary administrative support staff for the Office of Human Resources;
- Assists, prepares and edits human resources communications and documents;
- Receives, reviews and distributes internal and external correspondence, directs telephone calls, takes messages, and redirects inquiries as appropriate;
- Maintains an accurate human resource filing system;
- Receives, processes, records and files change of address and employment verification requests;
- Receives, monitors, records, and files all employee transcripts;
- Assists the College community and the public with human resource questions and/or concerns;
- Processes employee transactions and effectively and accurately communicates to payroll and other offices as necessary;
- Assists with the processing of student employees, student employee recruitment, requisitions, applicant tracking, onboarding and payroll processing;
- Collaborates with the Financial Aid Office and other college departments to onboard and process the employment of student employees;
- Corresponds with the State University of New York (SUNY) and Oneida County Civil Service regarding unclassified, professional positions;
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes correspondence and reports using appropriate College technology;
- Prepares, processes and records expenditures for human resource office budgets;
- Prepares and processes documents directly related to labor and management matters;
- Assists human resources staff with all aspects of office initiatives;
- Inventories and orders office supplies;
- Ensures a clean and orderly office and submits requests for maintenance;
- Regularly reviews, updates and edits the Office of Human Resources and student employment webpages;
- Represents the Human Resources Office by serving on College wide committees;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Human Resources.
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
Qualified candidates will be dependable, confidential, will have an attention to detail, concern for others and will model excellence in service leadership.
- Associate’s degree and three (3) years of human resources or related office experience, or Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of human resources or related office experience
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products
- Executive level office experience
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience using Banner and Argos software applications
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 6/20/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica