The Organization and Employee Development unit (OED) in the Department of Human Resources offers employee learning opportunities and other development services for individuals at all levels of the campus. This unit coordinates with other units within Human Resources as well as across campus for employee learning opportunities. This unit also provides organization development services for the campus. This position exists to provide logistical coordination and administrative support to the Organization and Employee Development department (Training Team, Instructional Design, Communications, Faculty and Staff Assistance Program, Career Advising/Counseling, Employee Engagement, Organization Development).
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We exist to create success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person – whether an individual contributor or manager; a member of the faculty or staff – to do what they do…better.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Training Coordination and Support
- Register employees for training sessions and tracks the registration process, watch lists, waitlists, and withdrawal requests. Confirms course participation and sends email reminders.
- Maintain participant data as tracked in multiple systems. Researches and reconciles discrepancies in training information from the systems.
- Maintain a calendar of training sessions. Ensures events are on HR calendars and trainer's calendars.
- Communicate offerings through emails, e-memos, and provides event information to the HR Communications Manager for inclusion on the website, the CU Boulder Today and other newsletters. Answers questions regarding session logistics (date, time, location). Provides descriptions of courses, seminars and workshops. Sends welcome emails and pre-workshop assignments.
- Coordinate all logistics for in-person and virtual training.
- In-Person Training: Secure and set up rooms, complete scheduling, order catering, and procure training and office supplies. Prepare training materials and all related stationeries (roster, evaluation forms, letters, certificates, etc.), and AV equipment as requested.
- Virtual Training: Create and manage calendar invites and Zoom meeting links. Manage and send all virtual materials according to the coordination schedule. Produce virtual experiences: creates and runs Zoom polls, organizes breakout rooms, provides customer service live during training.
- Provide timely support to presenters during the training.
- Provide accurate communication to presenters and participants. Coordinates scheduling with outside presenters.
- Administer evaluation process (both paper and electronically) before, during and after training sessions. Consolidates evaluation summaries for review and reporting purposes.
- Create training data reports for review by the Training Manager, OED Director, and Senior University Leaders.
- Create forms to capture and track up-to-date related information in departments (no-show data, demographic data, etc.).
- Serve as Skillport liaison to the System Administration office in Denver to maintain both online and instructor-led courses and session information; generates reports and runs queries to ensure accurate reflection of relevant information in HCM and Skillport systems. Creates new courses and sessions to be added into tracking.
- Procure course materials from external vendors (Everything DiSC, Real Colors, Crucial Conversations, FranklinCovey); order assessment instruments as needed.
- Produce training materials which may include printing packets, assembling binders, etc.
- Provide coordination support for all learning opportunities under the OED Director, such as Career Exploration and Development, Faculty and Staff Assistance Program, and Prosci Change Management.
Administrative and Project Support
- Schedule and coordinate training team department meetings. Take meeting notes and follows up with training team members to track the project process.
- Assist trainers and training managers with scheduling department training requests.
- Perform document management which includes scanning, filing and routing.
- Perform record keeping and gathering of information and metrics.
- Work with customers and clients.
- Provide material to the HR Communications Manager to update website and assists with communications and marketing.
- Assist with survey needs via Qualtrics tool.
- Independently develop processes related to training communication, materials distribution, and course closeout.
- Assess metrics related to training frequency and attendance and provide recommendations to maximize the efficiency of course scheduling throughout the calendar year.
- Collect, analyze, and visualize training evaluation data to determine the correlation between various response questions. Offer recommendations to continually refine the training evaluations based on this analysis.
- Provide occasional support as needed for two other HR units -the HR I-9 office and the Family Medical Leave office.
What We Can Offer
Salary range is $45,000 - $51,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and Experience.
- Two years of related experience.
- Experience with online tools such as Zoom, Teams, Adobe Connect, etc.
What You Will Need
HR strives to be a community whose excellence is premised on diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek candidates who share this commitment and demonstrate understanding of the experiences of those historically underrepresented in higher education. We welcome applications from minoritized racial and ethnic identities, ciswomen, non-normative genders and sexualities, persons with disabilities, and others who have encountered legacies of marginalization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to use Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Solid attention to detail, organizational skills, and demonstrated ability to work quickly and effectively in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations and environments with strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize tasks and projects.
- High level of customer service experience and expertise.
- Comfort level with being and speaking on camera, sustained focus and attention to details during virtual training and virtual meetings.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Previous experience as the first point of contact in a lively office environment.
- Outstanding internal and external customer service skills.
- Previous experience writing and delivering communications regarding events and programs to a wide audience.
- Interest in continuous learning and development.
- Previous experience providing input on improving processes and procedures.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by June 22, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder