The Organization and Employee Development unit (OED) in the
Department of Human Resources offers employee learning
opportunities and other development services for individuals at all
levels of the campus. This unit coordinates with other units within
Human Resources as well as across campus for employee learning
opportunities. This unit also provides organization development
services for the campus. This position exists to provide logistical
coordination and administrative support to the Organization and
Employee Development department (Training Team, Instructional
Design, Communications, Faculty and Staff Assistance Program,
Career Advising/Counseling, Employee Engagement, Organization
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We exist to create success through others as we all strive to
achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We
contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person –
whether an individual contributor or manager; a member of the
faculty or staff – to do what they do…better.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Training Coordination and Support
- Register employees for training sessions and tracks the
registration process, watch lists, waitlists, and withdrawal
requests. Confirms course participation and sends email
- Maintain participant data as tracked in multiple systems.
Researches and reconciles discrepancies in training information
from the systems.
- Maintain a calendar of training sessions. Ensures events are on
HR calendars and trainer's calendars.
- Communicate offerings through emails, e-memos, and provides
event information to the HR Communications Manager for inclusion on
the website, the CU Boulder Today and other newsletters. Answers
questions regarding session logistics (date, time, location).
Provides descriptions of courses, seminars and workshops. Sends
welcome emails and pre-workshop assignments.
- Coordinate all logistics for in-person and virtual
- In-Person Training: Secure and set up rooms, complete
scheduling, order catering, and procure training and office
supplies. Prepare training materials and all related stationeries
(roster, evaluation forms, letters, certificates, etc.), and AV
equipment as requested.
- Virtual Training: Create and manage calendar invites and Zoom
meeting links. Manage and send all virtual materials according to
the coordination schedule. Produce virtual experiences: creates and
runs Zoom polls, organizes breakout rooms, provides customer
service live during training.
- Provide timely support to presenters during the training.
- Provide accurate communication to presenters and participants.
Coordinates scheduling with outside presenters.
- Administer evaluation process (both paper and electronically)
before, during and after training sessions. Consolidates evaluation
summaries for review and reporting purposes.
- Create training data reports for review by the Training
Manager, OED Director, and Senior University Leaders.
- Create forms to capture and track up-to-date related
information in departments (no-show data, demographic data,
- Serve as Skillport liaison to the System Administration office
in Denver to maintain both online and instructor-led courses and
session information; generates reports and runs queries to ensure
accurate reflection of relevant information in HCM and Skillport
systems. Creates new courses and sessions to be added into
- Procure course materials from external vendors (Everything
DiSC, Real Colors, Crucial Conversations, FranklinCovey); order
assessment instruments as needed.
- Produce training materials which may include printing packets,
assembling binders, etc.
- Provide coordination support for all learning opportunities
under the OED Director, such as Career Exploration and Development,
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program, and Prosci Change
Administrative and Project Support
What We Can Offer
- Schedule and coordinate training team department meetings. Take
meeting notes and follows up with training team members to track
the project process.
- Assist trainers and training managers with scheduling
department training requests.
- Perform document management which includes scanning, filing and
- Perform record keeping and gathering of information and
- Work with customers and clients.
- Provide material to the HR Communications Manager to update
website and assists with communications and marketing.
- Assist with survey needs via Qualtrics tool.
- Independently develop processes related to training
communication, materials distribution, and course closeout.
- Assess metrics related to training frequency and attendance and
provide recommendations to maximize the efficiency of course
scheduling throughout the calendar year.
- Collect, analyze, and visualize training evaluation data to
determine the correlation between various response questions. Offer
recommendations to continually refine the training evaluations
based on this analysis.
- Provide occasional support as needed for two other HR units
-the HR I-9 office and the Family Medical Leave office.
Salary range is $45,000 - $51,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be Ambitious. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Two years of related experience.
- Experience with online tools such as Zoom, Teams, Adobe
HR strives to be a community whose excellence is premised on
diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek candidates who share this
commitment and demonstrate understanding of the experiences of
those historically underrepresented in higher education. We welcome
applications from minoritized racial and ethnic identities,
ciswomen, non-normative genders and sexualities, persons with
disabilities, and others who have encountered legacies of
What We Would Like You To Have
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability
to use Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Solid attention to detail, organizational skills, and
demonstrated ability to work quickly and effectively in
high-pressure, time-sensitive situations and environments with
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and
prioritize tasks and projects.
- High level of customer service experience and expertise.
- Comfort level with being and speaking on camera, sustained
focus and attention to details during virtual training and virtual
- Previous experience as the first point of contact in a lively
- Outstanding internal and external customer service skills.
- Previous experience writing and delivering communications
regarding events and programs to a wide audience.
- Interest in continuous learning and development.
- Previous experience providing input on improving processes and
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and
responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by June 22, 2021
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: