Athletic Business Operations Specialist
Business Services Coordinator
Athletic Business Operations Specialist
Athletics - 25900
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The UNCW Department of Athletics sponsors 19 varsity sports and competes in the NCAA Division I as a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. UNCW Athletics mission is to enrich the university through a commitment to developing leadership qualities among its student-athletes by providing opportunities which support and promote academic excellence, community engagement and competitive success.
Chancellor - 25000 College
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
• Assist with administering and coordinating business, fiscal and administrative functions for the Athletics Department including budget and program management for multiple units and reconciling financial data
• Responsible for scheduled events travel/permissions, purchasing equipment and uniforms, and managing the budget/recruitment needs for the teams following university policy and within the NCAA and CAA guidelines
• Provide guidance to coaches on university, NCAA, and CAA policies and procedures related to team issues
• Responsible for deposit of cash receipts, and completion of journal entries or budget revisions as needed
• Manage all aspects of submission, payment, and recordkeeping of medically-related bills for all athletic department student-athletes
• Applies substantial knowledge of insurance programs, policies and procedures and assesses unprecedented problems requiring research and review of policy and procedures
• Independently assess, understand and resolve insurance claims, disputes and investigations
• Perform other financial-related duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred education, professional skills and experience
• A minimum of two years of administration or business management experience
• Experience with financial management and analysis, budgeting management, and experience with insurance claims processing
• Must be extremely detail oriented with excellent organizational skills. Must have the ability to work independently, multitask, and perform various duties/projects with overlapping deadlines.
• At least one year of experience working in a university athletic environment preferred
Required Certifications or licensure
$35,800 - $42,330
1.0 (40 hours per week)
Months Per Year
Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 5:00PM
Type of Position
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
Special Notes to Applicants
PLEASE NOTE : This posting will close at 11:59PM on the posted closing date. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have fully completed the entire application before you apply for this position. Failure to answer all required questions will cause the system to disqualify your application.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
You will be required to attach a cover letter and resume to successfully apply for this position. To receive full consideration, please be sure you have completed the ‘Work History’ section of the application before you apply for this position.
This position is being recruited at the Journey level. If no applicants apply who meet the required competency and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. UNC Wilmington participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
External Link to Posting
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington