Chief Information Officer
Chief Information Officer
Collin Higher Education Center
3452 Spur 399
McKinney, Texas, 75069
Are You Great at Making Technology Seamless and Efficient for Users?
Chief Information Officer
If you are looking for an opportunity to join an amazing team to provide efficient and state-of-the-art technology services to college faculty, staff, and students, you may have just discovered your next destination. We’re looking for a technology professional with demonstrated success in understanding user needs and delivering technology services that efficiently and effectively meet those needs.
Collin College is a growing multi-campus organization located in a thriving region in North Texas. With more than 58,000 credit and non-credit students and 2500 faculty, staff, and administrators located at 11 campuses and centers, the Chief Information Officer role offers a unique opportunity to make substantive, real contributions to our innovative vision-focused organization. If the possibility intrigues you, please read through the job description outlined below and submit your application immediately.
Collin College’s current Chief Information Officer is retiring after 20+ years and we are seeking someone to take the outstanding work that has been done over this period and keep the team moving forward.
The successful candidate must have professional experience in leading large-scale technology teams that are service-oriented and demonstrate a commitment to their organizations’ advancement, viability, and successes. Experience with Workday is a plus. Having a sense of humor (others must laugh, too!) is a welcome bonus! Most importantly, having a strong sense of mission that enables the individual to become a senior contributor in reaching Collin College’s vision of delivering a brighter future for our students and our communities is crucial. For candidates applying from outside of higher education, help us understand how your significant accomplishments translate to this environment.
Reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer, this position will lead the districtwide ERP conversion from Banner to Workday which is already well underway and provide the back-end technology support for the full launch of iCollin – a distance learning campus serving the entire district. Collin has an expansive wide area network of more than 60 miles, and state-of-the art technology labs across 10 current campuses and centers, plus an additional campus and an academic technology center under construction that will be opening in fall 2021. The successful professional will enjoy collaboration from an outstanding team of colleagues across the college.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the foremost community college districts in Texas. With a dedicated Board of Trustees, the lowest tuition in the state, and the second lowest tax rate among Texas community colleges, Collin College serves our students and citizens by providing excellence in educational opportunities and returning nearly three quarters of a billion dollars in economic impact each year to our communities.
- Oversee the operation of the College's Technology Services Division. Provide technology services to the College community through Network Security and Telecommunications Services, Technology Services (including ERP and Operating Systems), and Web Services.
- Provide advance expertise in needs assessment for computer, voice, and video services through interface with internal administrators and technical personnel and through external contact with other educational institutions and business and industry representatives.
- Review and recommend major hardware/software purchases for the District.
- Review and recommend processes and procedures for effective accomplishment of technology goals within the Technology Services Division.
- Develop, recommend, and monitor the annual Technology Services budget to ensure available dollars are utilized to deliver prioritized services.
- Recommend an organizational structure and related staffing within the Division to ensure optimum service to students, faculty and staff.
- Hire, train, and supervise a diverse staff to ensure effective Technology Services operations throughout the District. Ensure regular evaluation of all staff in the division and make appropriate recommendations in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership in communications regarding college technology and related support services that are available to the college community.
- Compose and deliver presentations for both internal and external groups.
- Represent the District by attending related state and national conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and the college’s Core Values.
Bachelor's degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution required and ten (10) years of directly related professional level experience required.
Three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Enterprise and Shadow system strengths, capacities, and weaknesses
- In-depth knowledge of technology, preferably in an academic environment
- Knowledge of Texas higher education statutes related to areas of responsibility
- Project Management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to provide broad problem-solving skills to critical, time-sensitive, and technical issues
- Ability to research and understand ongoing advances in technology
- Ability to negotiate with vendors on behalf of the college
- Ability to listen to users’ technology concerns and identify solutions
- Ability to coordinate with the college's Purchasing Department and the Chief Financial Officer
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Administrator
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: Outstanding compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney