The Senior Advisor in the College of Business and Economics plays an important role in the success of the College. This position is responsible for:
Internship coordination 30%
- Serve as point of contact for potential employers of student internships
- Build and maintain relationships with employers to develop internship opportunities
- Maintain records of internships, contact with employers, collect data, and update the website
- Collaborate with other CBE faculty and staff
- Advise students in the search for internships
- Partner with Career Services to provide students with multiple channels to meet with employers
Academic advising 50%
- Advise 250-400 first-year/second-year and adult students
- Conduct intervention meetings with students
- Teach CBE 100 section
- Coordinate Career Trek program with Career Services
- Meet with students seeking re-entry to CBE and determine status; manage re-entry communications and collaboration with Admissions
- Assignment of Faculty Advisors
- Schedule and staff CBE 100 and CBE 300
- Serve as CBE lead on scholarship review and awarding process
- Work in Navigate to create campaigns, advise students, and enhance student retention
- Collaborate on student newsletter and CBE Awards Ceremony
Manage CBE Student Employees 5%
- Hire and supervise CBE student employees
- Prepare and provide job announcements for student employment positions
- Prepare appointments and ensure completion of required human resource documents
- Review expectations to student employees and train students in the time-entry process
Student Engagement 15%
- Recruit and advise CBE Ambassadors
- Direct, advise, and create programming for CBE Living and Learning Community
- Direct First-Year Experience, including oversight of course content and delivery
- Create and direct other student engagement opportunities for students
The Knowledge Skills and Abilities needed to be successful in this position are listed below:
- Minimum requirement: Master’s degree in business, education or related.
- 2-4 years experience in internship and academic advising preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team to lead implementation and improvement of projects.
- Demonstrated experience serving an ethnically and culturally diverse student body.
- Experience working with digital student records platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively facilitate interpersonal communication and group presentations with students, faculty and university staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team in providing a coordinated curriculum of advising information and resources.
Applicants are required to apply online at https://jobs.uwrf.edu/postings/7057. UWRF will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications.
Applicants are required to provide:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Cover letter specifying interest in the position, qualifications, and statement of experience
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three references who can specifically comment upon your experience and professional preparation
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Deadline to Apply: Initial review of applications will begin upon receipt. For full consideration, applicants should submit all required materials by June 8, 2021.
UW-River Falls does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 715-425-4941.
UW-River Falls is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, arrest and/or conviction record, veteran or military status. All persons, especially women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For more information, please visit the job posting: https://jobs.uwrf.edu/postings/7057