Director of Research, Grants & Contracts
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Director of Research, Grants & Contracts Department Research, Grants & Contracts Compensation Title Position Number 30000564 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position
Northern Kentucky University seeks a Director of the Office of Research, Grants and Contracts to advance sponsored funding and help sustain a robust and supportive environment for the research and scholarly endeavors of faculty and students. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Graduate Education, Research, and Outreach, the Director has active oversight of all externally sponsored research and programs at NKU, assuring all proposals and awards are prepared, budgeted, negotiated, and executed properly and in an expedited manner.
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) is a growing public comprehensive university located in the Cincinnati, Ohio metropolitan area, serving approximately 15,000 students in its undergraduate and graduate programs. NKU is committed to offering innovative, student-centered education and fostering scholarly and creative endeavors that impact not only on scholarly or artistic audiences but also local, regional, statewide, national, and international communities.
In this role, there are a number of activities:
• Leads a staff of 5 devoted to the pre-award and some post award functions for NKU who prepare, submit and manage approximately 100 proposals annually.
• Provides unit budgetary oversight and projections and oversees all administrative operations of the Office of Research, Grants and Contracts.
• Supports the proposal processing contract and grant administration, and budget development in accordance with institutional and agency requirements, administering and monitoring contract and grant awards, including subcontract/subaward administration in compliance with regulations, terms, and conditions.
• Facilitates complex negotiations (e.g., multiple investigators, tasks, budgets) and assures exceptional customer service, efficient processing and negotiation of research agreements.
• Manages the collection and reporting of data pertaining to university-sponsored research.
• Develops a repository of resources to support faculty and staff grant writing.
• Creates, maintains and evolves an outreach plan that includes promoting RGC services, and generating and facilitating various modes of external funding education.
The Director serves as the primary source of expertise to ensure federal regulatory compliance requirements are met. All research compliance certifications are facilitated and managed in this office, including but not limited to: Human Subjects, Animal Care, and Biosafety.
The Director serves as Executive Director for the Northern Kentucky University Research Foundation ( NKURF ). Along with private funding and grant awards, the foundation holds oversees all work related to intellectual property, technology transfer and commercialization. The Foundation also oversees all conservation easements and provides financial and legal oversight to the Center for Environmental Restoration at NKU .
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least seven years of leadership experience in an academic or non-profit setting
• Provide evidence of demonstrated success in directing the work of a professional staff and providing effective management of a significant amount of external funding
• Have expertise in all phases of contract and grant proposal development, including administration of, and experience with the OMB Uniform Guidance for federal grants
• Demonstrate an understanding of the challenges of grant administration within the framework of larger institutional goals
• Oversee the presentation of training, ideas, concepts, guidelines, policies, and procedures that enhance the growth and quality of grants and contracts
• Demonstrate the ability to build productive working relationships with faculty and staff from multiple departments and respond quickly and effectively to the needs of potential principal investigators and project staff while ensuring compliance with guidelines of funding agencies and University policies
• Have a history of strong leadership, supervision, and motivation of department staff
Master’s degree in accounting, finance, management, or another advanced degree. Demonstrated experience in administering external research and program funding in an academic or research setting. Demonstrated experience with external funding agencies. A commitment to service and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, staff, and faculty members. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of and experience with compliance issues and administration. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in informal and formal teams with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
For full consideration, please apply by July 20, 2021 . Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Minimum Education Master's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience 7 years Salary Pay Grade UN
Requisition Number 2021S1368 Job Open Date 06/08/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10386 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport