Full Time Nursing Faculty- Non-Tenure Track
Working Title Full Time Nursing Faculty- Non-Tenure Track Department School of Nursing Full Time or Part Time? Full Time Position Number Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The School of Nursing located within the College of Health and Human Services is seeking applications for one full-time, Non- tenure-track, faculty position for the Traditional BSN ( TBSN ) and Accelerated BSN ( BSN ) tracks in the BSN Nursing Programs (nursing.nku.edu)
NKU is built on core values that emphasize multidimensional excellence, learner-centered education, civic engagement, multiculturalism, innovation, collegiality, and collaboration across disciplines and professional fields.
NKU has a strong commitment to trans-disciplinary education. The School of Nursing is located in the Health Innovations building, which offers opportunities for academic innovation and initiatives to influence the health of the region.
We encourage application from all qualified candidates, but especially from individuals who contribute to the diversity of our academic community. NKU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
We embrace inclusiveness, equity and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty and staff.
For additional information on Northern Kentucky University, visit http://www.nku.edu
The position reports to the Associate School Director for Undergraduate Nursing and the School of Nursing Program Director.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
The position will begin August 2021.
The School of Nursing invites applications for the non-tenure track level position for the BSN program beginning August 2021. Faculty responsibilities will include teaching in the TBSN and ABSN Tracks, program/college/university service and career/academic advising. Teaching responsibilities will be primarily face to face.
All faculty must be prepared to plan and teach courses within their area of expertise. This includes developing (or using provided syllabus) and materials for the classes assigned.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Plan, teach, and evaluate lectures or educational strategies within the course.
2. Assure instructional excellence and innovation in course presentation.
3. Remain current in the discipline through research and attendance at professional continuing education seminars.
4. Serve on committees and other areas of service as assigned and attend faculty, departmental, and other meetings as necessary.
5. Advise students as appropriate throughout the semester.
6. Provide tutoring to students upon request.
7. Maintain in person or virtual office hours to be accessible and available to students and staff.
8. Review textbooks in the discipline and place textbook orders according to the University schedule.
9. Maintain grades and submit both mid-term and final grades through My NKU by the University deadlines.
10. Work cooperatively with the faculty team including adjuncts and clinical instructors
11. Actively participate in clinical activities.
12. Perform other duties as assigned- for example, attending pinning ceremonies and graduation
MSN degree required. Doctoral degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
Nursing practice experience in the immediate 5 years in field of expertise. Experience in Medical-surgical nursing is preferred. Strong working knowledge of pathopharmacology is preferred.
Applicants must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in nursing within the immediate past five years. Classroom teaching experience in BSN nursing is preferred.
Must possess a valid unencumbered nursing license through the Kentucky Boards of Nursing or be eligible for licensure. Must obtain an Ohio license once hired.
Inquiries should be directed to Dr. Traci Freeman, Chair Search Committee, School of Nursing, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education MSN Preferred Education Doctorate
Requisition Number 2021F544 Job Open Date 06/08/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10442 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Diversity Statement
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Nursing Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport