The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
To provide administrative and program support to the Program
Director concerning all aspects of Physical Therapy program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare and furnish relevant information about the program for
the web site, catalog, accreditation, student and faculty
recruitment and marketing operations; prepare, edit, and proofread
documents, ensuring quality of all outgoing correspondence.
• Coordinate office procedures including correspondence,
appointment scheduling, maintaining program equipment and
• Attend department meetings and any scheduled retreats. Prepare
agendas and record minutes and handouts. Distribute minutes on a
• Maintain faculty files for the Program Director; process
confidential faculty evaluations at the end of each semester.
• Interact with faculty, staff, students, alumni, visitors or
outside agencies to relay University information, policies,
procedures and activities. This includes mail, email, faxes and
• Prepare, mail-out and compile data from surveys of alumni and
• Prepare various types of media of course related materials for
distribution to students.
• Complete Scantron scoring of course examinations and evaluations;
provide reports to faculty.
• Act as a back-up to university receptionist when needed.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by university business
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
REPORTS TO: Academic Program Director
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: This position has no direct reports but may
manage student worker schedules and timesheets, if assigned
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL & PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
including communicating with tact and discretion.
• Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office
products such as Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of three years of experience as an administrative
• Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent (bachelor’s degree
or vocational training in office skills preferred).
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule when required.
• Must have excellent project management skills, the ability to
manage competing priorities, and the ability to build and maintain
strong partner relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working
relationships with the public, supervisors, students, professional
staff/faculty and co-workers.
Position may be required to travel.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively
with others to meet shared objectives.
• Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when
facing difficult situations.
• Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough
• Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization to
• Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national