Adjunct Field Liaison
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Field Liaison Department Social Work Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $200 per student Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The VCU School of Social Work, Office of Field Education, is hiring field education liaisons to oversee the field education of social work students completing the Online MSW Program. Field Liaisons serve as a link between the School of Social Work, field instructor and student. The roles and responsibilities of the field liaison include:
• orienting students to the field course;
• helping field instructors design meaningful field education experiences for students;
• providing students with a syllabus outlining expectations for the field course;
• reading and grading student field course work requirements;
• assigning final field education grades based on the field instructor’s evaluation,
assessment of field course work, and information derived from liaison conferences;
• providing feedback to students regarding their progress in field education
• providing feedback to students when there are difficulties in field education
• being available to students and field instructors for consultation and problem solving;
• informing the student’s adviser when the student is experiencing difficulty in field
education or is at risk of failing field education;
• making virtual agency visits via video conferencing and maintaining ongoing contact with the field instructor and
• providing ongoing evaluation of the placement agency and field instructor’s willingness and ability to provide learning opportunities and field instruction consistent with the learning objectives of the M.S.W. curriculum as set forth by the Council on Social Work Education ( CSWE ).
• attending field liaison meetings held at the beginning and end of each semester
- MSW Degree from a CSWE accredited social work program
- Minimum of five years post MSW practice experience
- Served as a field instructor for a minimum of two years
- Demonstrated experience working and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so while working at VCU
Knowledge of non-profit and government social service agencies in the Mid-Atlantic
Job Open Date 06/08/2021 Remove from posting on or before 06/01/2022 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
- A pool of applicants is being established to be drawn upon to provide temporary staffing when needed, to provide special expertise when needed, and/or to meet special programmatic needs not otherwise provided for within the department.
All candidates must attach to this application a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and the names/contact information for three references (as an “Other Document”). For information about the School of Social Work, please visit https://www.socialwork.vcu.edu/
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106662 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a MSW degree from a CSWE accredited university?
- * Do you have at least 4 years of post MSW practice experience?
- * If you select no to the question above, please tell us how
many years of post MSW practice you have.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Have you served as a field instructor for at least 2 years?
- * Have you ever taken a graduate course online?
- * Have you had training in teaching online?
- * Have you ever taught a course online?
- * If you have taught a course online, at what institution and
how many years?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Teacher Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond