Posting Number S01408 Position Title Assistant Teacher Internal Position Title Assistant Teacher Department Children's Learning Cntrs, LSC Position Type Staff Job Family Classified Job Summary
The College of Lake County Lakeshore Campus is looking for an Assistant Teacher to join their team. Under the administrative supervision of the Director, the Leadership of the Coordinator, and the Lead Teacher II, the Assistant Teacher assists in planning and facilitating activities for pre-school and/ or school-aged children.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System ( SURS )
1. A high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working with children and knowledge of child development (growth).
3. Must sign up for Gateways registry and complete Gateways level 1 training within 1 year after hire.
4. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Some course work in early Childhood Education.
2. Previous experience in working with young children in group programs.
3. Associate Degree in ECE or equivalent
4. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Posting Date 06/08/2021 Closing Date 06/22/2021 Expected Start Date 06/21/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $13.98 Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Lakeshore Total Hours per week 25.00 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, Hours 9:30am-2:30 pm
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Classroom Organization: 60%
1. Assist Lead Teacher II in providing and participating in large group, small group and individual children’s activities as instructed
2. Maintain an awareness of children’s developmental progress and group processes and communicate anecdotes/impressions daily to the Lead Teacher II.
3. Lead children’s group games, songs, stories, movement, trips, projects, activities, and discussions as planned with the Lead Teacher I or II.
4. Communicate positively with every child at the child’s level of understanding.
5. Monitor the on-going health and safety of all assigned children.
6. Adhere to and enforce classroom rules, as well as procedures and policies established by the Lead Teacher, Program Coordinator, and/or Director.
7. Routinely straighten, clean and organize all toys, equipment, shelving as well as all activity and eating areas.
8. With the Lead Teacher I or II, plan and implement circle times, projects, portfolio for each child, and classroom portfolio.
9. Set up activity areas as assigned.
Activities and Events: 10%
1. Bring questions, concerns or conflicts directly to the attention of Lead Teacher i or II, the Program Coordinator, and/or the Director.
2. Participate in, share during, and/or prepare for classroom and center staff meetings, parent meetings, parent conferences, or center promotional activities as necessary or assigned.
Student/Customer Service: 10%
1. Greet families in a warm, friendly and interested manner; respond to inquiries in a helpful, positive manner.
1. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have experience working with children and knowledge of
- * Have you completed some coursework in Early Childhood
- * Do you have previous experience working with young children
within a group program?
- * Do you have an Associate degree or equivalent in Early
Childhood Education (ECE)?
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Teacher Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake