Director of Compassion Ministries
Job Title Director of Compassion Ministries Posting Number S944P Classification Title
The Director of Compassion Ministries will fulfill the mission and vision of Spiritual Life by mobilizing students, faculty, and staff for compassionate Christian service in the surrounding community and region through a variety of ministry opportunities and by facilitating student discipleship by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develops and recommends philosophy, strategy, and programming for gospel-centered service through Compassion Ministries.
2. Design’s materials and implements processes and programming for Compassion Ministries training and discipleship.
3. Ensures proper management of project logistics for Compassion Ministries projects including but not limited to travel and accommodation arrangements, project itineraries, budget management, risk management, and other related elements.
4. Develops partnerships in the community and region for Compassion Ministries project opportunities.
5. Manages leadership recruitment and develops leadership training for Compassion Ministry projects.
6. Moblizes CBU students, faculty, and staff for broad, campus-wide participation in Compassion Ministries opportunities.
7. Designs and implements special event programming for Compassion Ministries.
8. Develops strategies for and provides biblical counsel and spiritual mentorship to students.
9. Develops and implements assessment tools and processes for Compassion Ministries events and programming.
10. Assists in Spiritual Life assessment processes.
11. Collaborates with other Spiritual Life staff in planning, coordinating, and implementing regular and occasional campus-wide events and programming for students to explore the Christian faith.
Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising employee performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of the University mission, purpose, and goals.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Superior leadership and coordination skills for organizing large constituency of students, faculty, and staff.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business, English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Membership in a Southern Baptist church required.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent required; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 06/08/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6559 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside