Banner Systems Analyst
Job Title Banner Systems Analyst Posting Number S945P Classification Title
Responsible for the support of day-to-day operations of the University’s SIS / ERP system, Banner. Works closely with other Information Technology Services ( ITS ) staff and various campus constituents to ensure system availability, perform business analysis, update configurations, create documentation and assess business processes, and perform other support tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Apply business analysis to identify, evaluate, and define scope and objective based on applicable business processes to meet customer needs.
2. Possess in depth knowledge of Banner modules including Finance, Financial Aid, Advise, DegreeWorks, and Student.
3. Work at the highest technical level with Banner Ethos, API, SQL to meet integration and reporting needs.
4. Collaborate across ITS and campus on projects and serve in multiple roles such as project lead, analyst, developer, tester, and trainer.
5. Communicate clearly and develop other team members.
6. Work with ITS staff, business units, and/or vendors to analyze, document, and resolve issues, including review of data, logic, and processes/workflows.
7. Test software updates and/or assist business units with testing methodologies to support thorough testing to produce high confidence levels prior to implementation.
8. Perform system maintenance, updates, and related activities in support of smooth and efficient operations.
9. Work with business units on adjusting business processes for efficiency and effectively utilizing the ERP / SIS .
10. Research, assess, and define opportunities in response to business requests.
11. Work with ITS and business units to execute and implement projects, following best practices.
12. Interact effectively with internal and external constituents.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Working knowledge of Ellucian/Banner functional and technical environment.
Familiarity with Oracle and SQL a plus.
Ability to analyze business processes, software integrations, and best practices to determine optimal efficiency.
Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with a positive attitude for working in a fast-paced and team-oriented setting.
Familiarity with ERP / SIS software, workflow, document management, and related software applications.
Ability to work effectively with ITS staff, business users, and vendors on a multitude and diverse set of simultaneous projects.
Familiarity with common software tools such as MS Outlook, MS Office, MS Visio, and Webex as well as data tools a plus.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field and/or at least five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience working with enterprise financial and student systems.
Open Date 06/08/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6561 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside