Secretary 2 - (STA007512)
This position will be located at the University of Houston Central Campus in the Health II Building.
Provides secretarial support to staff managers and/or faculty. May lead the work of clerical support personnel and/or work study students.
- Composes or creates a variety of documents, such as memoranda, letters, charts, newsletters, tables and other complex documents using word processing, spreadsheets, and desktop publishing software.
- Prepares agenda for meeting, schedules meetings, records and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Handles travel arrangements for supervisor and other office personnel.
- Orders supplies and arranges for repair of equipment. Maintains inventory.
- Screens and directs callers and visitors. Takes and forwards telephone messages.
- May generate monthly usage reports for xerox copies, postage and long distance calls.
- Organizes and maintains manual and/or computerized filing system.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
Minute taking skills and experience is preferred.
High school and 3 years experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Highest level of professionalism and respect for confidentiality and ability to interact with all levels of internal and external constituents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
The following documents are required:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the posting.
- Salary History
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted only after the interviewing process has been completed.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston