Coordinates the administrative operations of a department,
including, but not limited to, human resources, payroll,
telecommunications, building maintenance, and property
1. Coordinates personnel administration including employee sign-up,
faculty folders, payroll and implementation of related policies and
2. Coordinates department administrative operations, including
telecommunications, physical plant work orders, long distance
codes, parking permits and ID card requests.
3. Maintains personnel records such as employee information,
timesheets and lost time reports; tracks status of submitted
personnel and administrative forms.
4. May coordinate and compile information for various programs and
activities for faculty and graduate students.
5. Oversees the work assignments of clerical staff and coordinates
daily office operations.
6. Coordinates all aspects of space management and conducts
property inventory for the department.
7. Reviews personnel and administrative documents for adherence to
university regulations prior to obtaining certifying
8. Assists faculty, staff and students with personnel and
administrative issues; serves as departmental liaison to
administrative departments on campus.
9. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Additional Job Posting Information
The College of Pharmacy at the University of Houston is seeking
outstanding candidates for an Administrative Coordinator position
with the Department of Pharmaceutical Health Outcomes and Policy.
This position will coordinate all the administrative operations of
the department, including, but not limited to, purchasing, accounts
payables, contracts, travel, and property inventory.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly
Additional Preferred Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the
Additional Required Application Documents
- Experience supporting the administrative functions of a
- Finance experience, including purchasing and/or accounts
- Travel experience, including travel arrangements and
- PeopleSoft Finance experience
- Concur Travel experience preferred
- Experience with procurement cards and expense reports
- Experience with travel cards and expense reports
- Knowledge of state, university, and sponsored project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage
multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
Candidates interested in applying for the position must submit the
following documents with the application:
- Cover letter describing the manner in which your experience
applies to the posting
- Salary History
- Diploma or GED
- Three work references, including current and past supervisors.
- NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you
in advance of making contact with any of your references.
References will be contacted only after the interviewing process
has been completed.