Manager of Circulation Services - (STA007519)
The University of Houston Libraries seeks a dynamic candidate for the position of Circulation Services Manager at the Health Sciences Library, located at the main campus biomedical district. The Health Sciences Library serves the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, Optometry, and Pharmacy, as well as other health-related research initiatives throughout the University. The successful candidate will lead customer service at the Health Sciences Library, frequently interacting with health sciences faculty, staff, and students. They should be tech-savvy and adept at collaborating with colleagues throughout the University Libraries.
Coordinates the daily operations of the circulation services unit of the M.D. Anderson Library.
- Oversees the management of all circulation services functions, including shelving services, billing program, room booking program, and search and recall service. Supervises the night manager of the building.
- Schedules the daily work assignments of full-time staff and student workers, and prepares and maintains their biweekly timesheets.
- Maintains the library's automated system parameters, including data entry and testing changes to ensure parameters work well.
- Serves as a liaison on circulation functions to four branch libraries and the downtown branch.
- Answers questions from library patrons and explains library policies; resolves customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates the operating budget for the unit with managers and the head of Access Services.
- Manages the circulation program for external organizations such as Houston Area Research Libraries, UH-Clear Lake, Houston Community College, and University of St. Thomas Faculty.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Associates and 1-year of experience
Requires the ability and knowledge for analysis and interpretation of procedures, policies, and practices attainable through specific education and/or training programs in a specialty or technical field. Advanced vocational or electronic skills or basic knowledge of a professional field is required. An Associate's degree or certification/licensing in a technical specialty program of over 18 months and up to 3 years duration are characteristic of this field. Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Library & Information Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston